Getting A* in OCR subjects. Little question

Watch
Adomas1990
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey, everyone! I hope your exams going well.

I have a quick question about getting A* in OCR subjects.

I know that you need to get overall 90% from all A2 papers. Does the percentage kinda vary from that year boundaries? For example, if everyone in UK does very bad in the maths A2 papers and the boundaries are very low, like 60% of actual paper marks is A, do I still need 90% of all marks to get A*?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Adomas1990
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neymar99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You don't need 90% to get an A*, but instead 90 UMS. UMS for each mark varies year by year, as papers vary in difficulty, but I doubt that 90 UMS would be anywhere near 60%, maybe 75-80% on a VERY hard paper
Daniel9998
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you need 90% in UMS on average across A2 units with 80% average UMS across the whole A-level. It is always 90% UMS, however for each paper the marks you need for 90% UMS varies, if its a hard paper you may need only 70% of the marks for example to get 90% UMS.
Daniel9998
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Neymar99)
You don't need 90% to get an A*, but instead 90 UMS. UMS for each mark varies year by year, as papers vary in difficulty, but I doubt that 90 UMS would be anywhere near 60%, maybe 75-80% on a VERY hard paper
no you need 90% in UMS, not 90 UMS as some papers are worth 60 UMS some are worth 120 UMS etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads