The Student Room Group

AQA C1 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

area under graph 45/4
Reply 21
Original post by rndmtngr99
I worked until the last minute too. I thought the numbers used very challenging and a lot of multiplying decimals was annoying.

For the integration question I got something like 70/12 or something over 12? Anyone get the same?

If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure I got like 243 over 12
Original post by Sayless
I got 81/4 for the first part, then 45/4 for the second part, I think, something like that, area of triangle is 9.

Area of triangle is 9? 12 I think... (0.5*48)/2
Original post by defibrillator
The coordinates of the first question was -3,4 or 4,-3 when you had to use simultaneous equations to get the X y values. The equations were something like 5x -2y=-4 and 3x-3y=... or something like that I can't remember tho and did anyone else get k=30 on the first question too..?

I got k = -30
negative
Area of triangle is 9? 12 I think... (0.5*48)/2

Q x coordinate is -5/4
the x co ordinate of the tip of the triangle is -2,
difference is 3/4 so width = 3/4
triangle heigh is 24
(3/4 x 24)/2
= 18/2
=9
Reply 25
Original post by moe889
i did too but some guy called tajtsracc keeps saying its root 65

I got root 65 as well..
And I got root 55 for the circle question?!?

I got root 65 as it was the root of 7^2 + 4 ^ which = 16+49 = 65
Sorry 😬😬
Reply 27
I worked until the last minute too. I thought the numbers used very challenging and a lot of multiplying decimals was annoying.

For the integration question I got something like 70/12 or something over 12? Anyone get the same?

I got for part B between the intergral of 1 and -2 like 243/12
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
I got sqrt(55), but I added up the numbers incorrectly it should have been sqrt(65).

Thanks, I'm almost certain that's what I put! Sorry to hear about the flub. I've also just realised I didn't write translation next to my column vector, and I think I lose a mark for that, so hooray.

-1 plusminus sqrt(5) for the roots of that quadratic, anyone...?

I got 60/12 which simplifies to 5, then 63 for the area of the trapezium, making the shaded area 58
Original post by Sayless
Q x coordinate is -5/4
the x co ordinate of the tip of the triangle is -2,
difference is 3/4 so width = 3/4
triangle heigh is 24
(3/4 x 24)/2
= 18/2
=9

Snap. I don't remember what the final area was, though...

I lie, it was 45/4, obtained by 81/4 - 36/4 (integral - triangle).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cassette
Thanks, I'm almost certain that's what I put! Sorry to hear about the flub. I've also just realised I didn't write translation next to my column vector, and I think I lose a mark for that, so hooray.

-1 plusminus sqrt(5) for the roots of that quadratic, anyone...?

That's what I got for the roots I think, what was your column vector?
Reply 32
Original post by Sayless
I got k = -30
negative

Same I got -30 aswell

41/4

something like that,
Reply 34
Original post by AccountingHelp
If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure I got like 243 over 12

yhi put that too!! its right just not simplified.... it goes to 81/4 so probz get 4 marks out of 5
Reply 35
think i got like 68/75... kinda annoyed since I was retaking it and was hoping for high 90 ums, not sure what 68 will be

Really sorry, I don't remember...will edit if I do though, it's currently all coming back like a horrible dream!
Original post by Lukeozade13
I got root 65 as it was the root of 7^2 + 4 ^ which = 16+49 = 65
Sorry 😬😬

no k=65 not root 65... root 65 is the radius and it didnt ask for that :smile:
Core 1 was much easier than previous papers
Here are my answers to the questions I can remember:

Surd question: 75-32 square root 5
Circle question: equation tangent I got 7x-4y+8=0
Equation circle (x-5)^2 + (y+3)^2 = 65 (I think I forgot to add on the additional numbers from completing the square and so got this wrong, please let me know)
Coordinates B I got (12, -7)
Length CT I got 9.
Integration question: equation of tangent I got y=-32x-40
x coordinate of Q I got -5/4
Area under curve
I think I correctly got the area under the curve which was 20.25 but after that I just messed up, how many marks do you think I lost for the question? I didn't recognize the whole area of triangle and minus that from area under curve thing.
Completing the square I got (x-7/2)^2 - 41/4
There was a transformation question too and I got a translation of 0.5 and -41/4, but looking back I'm not sure if I got the signs right, I think the y value was supposed to be positive in the translation? I'm sure I got that wrong.
Something about values for k I got k=4 and k=20.
Then something else about values for k I think it was (or was it x?) And I got k>6 and k<-3/2.
Another one about finding roots of an equation and I got x= -1+/- square root of 5.
Remainder theorem I got 20.
The linear factors I got (x+3)(x-4)^2 (can't remember if the first factor was plus or minus actually, just used the one they gave)
That's all I can remember at the moment, if anyone else can shed some light on the ones I'm not sure about and tell me roughly how many marks they think I lost?

Also, what do you suppose the grade boundaries are this year?

Edit: I actually just realised that I'm pretty sure my equation for the circle is right, as the equation is (x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2=r^2 and i worked out the radius using coordinates for centre and point A then just plugged it into equation.

Also, there was another question that asked for the value of k at a specific point like (3+5k, 4-3k) to the best of my memory, and I got k=-30.

Anyone else?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest