The Student Room Group

AQA C1 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

K=-30 100%

Original post by Alfieeee11
Are u sure k wasn't -30
Original post by 28657
I got sqrt65 as well. Did you find it by using pytharogas or substituting point A into the equation?

i dont know if my method was the same
but i found it by working out the difference in co-ordinates between C and A and then squared them and square rooted and i got root 65
Original post by timtjtim
No, y=8

I drew this but did not state the x intercepts as it didn't say to do so, do you think I will lose marks? I got the y intercept and which quadrant it turns in correct though.
Reply 123
Original post by BlackthornRose
Yes it did, thank you very much. I also just reworked it out for myself and you are correct. That's another mark gone for me.

Don't worry, you'll only lose one mark and if I'm honest I actually put negative too until I changed it at the last minute. I'm sure you'll do great! :biggrin:
Original post by Sniperdon227
Mate you had to use the distance formula or place the number in the eq to find k (=r^2)

dont lie bruv, i know what you did last summer fam.

ITS ROOT 34 BRUV
Reply 125
Are u sure k wasn't -30

k+30= 0
therefore k=-30 mate
Original post by konanabanana
nope :frown:

root 65 :smile:

you are a banana peeel
how many marks was the circle question ?
Are u sure k wasn't -30

I also got k=-30 and checked my answer by finding what the x and y coordinates would be if k was -30 and whether it would then satisfy the equation and it did.

Original post by Sniperdon227
K=-30 100%

Thank you that's very reassuring, i always begin to doubt myself when i see differing answers.
Original post by df97
Don't worry, you'll only lose one mark and if I'm honest I actually put negative too until I changed it at the last minute. I'm sure you'll do great! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: I'm only worried because I also made a mistake in finding the area of shaded region (got the area under curve (20.25) but not triangle and then ultimate answer was incorrect), how many marks do you think i lost there?
Original post by money-for-all
dont lie bruv, i know what you did last summer fam.

ITS ROOT 34 BRUV

Naw, man it's √65 bruv.

Take a gander at the attached snap.
Original post by timtjtim
Naw, man it's √65 bruv.

Take a gander at the attached snap.

i know your lieing tim tim, stop foooling around like jhon

ITS ROOOOT 34 FAM.
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
I got sqrt(55), but I added up the numbers incorrectly it should have been sqrt(65).

I did the same :frown:, the error carried through to the CT length question as well. How many marks do you think having sqrt(55) as the radius will lose in total?
Okay guys, let's try and collate a better mark scheme now. If you are confident you know the Question Part, and the answer, please reply / add a post below. If you want to know more about your answer, try asking at the other AQA maths forum.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4077801&page=14&p=64916221&posted=1#post64916221
What did u guys get for the translation by vector question? translation by vector 0.5/-41/4?
Does anyone think mid 40s could be a c this year as it has been for other years.
Original post by Sayless
I got 81/4 for the first part, then 45/4 for the second part, I think, something like that, area of triangle is 9.

I got 81/4 and 45/4 too!!
Reply 138
Stupid mistakes cost me this paper, and nerves, was incredibly nervous. My working was basically all correct from what I'm reading here I just made small errors which ****ed me big time apparently.

Feel so ****.

I got root 34 as well.

But it's pretty obvious they give you C (5, -3) and A (-2, 1)

so you get (x-5)^2 - 25 + (x+3)^2 - 9 = 0 Most people think thats the equation therefore the radius must be 34, but pretty sure if you like at general equations of a circle if you did it with just the co ordinates of C the radius would always be wrong as it's not included in the question, that's why A was included, it's on a point of the circle...

So 7^2 + 4^2 = 65 which is the radius^2 therefore SQ root of 65 is the answer for the radius.

Kicking myself in the teeth for so many questions.

Ah man I think I'll get a borderline B for this, gotta try and wreck the C2 exam..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by toml95
Stupid mistakes cost me this paper, and nerves, was incredibly nervous. My working was basically all correct from what I'm reading here I just made small errors which ****ed me big time apparently.

Feel so ****.

Heya - try not to let it get you down. These things happen. Plus it usually always goes better than you think it did :hugs: You might find this article helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending