Turn on thread page Beta

Weight... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Actually the weight you want to be is on the slim side for your height. You are fine at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/yourweight/bmi.shtml

ReputationRep:
    in cycling, I always say I'm going to do some but then never do!!! I can go to countryside nearby, but cant really go by myself as I dont like to incase theres a problem, plus the forests often look like midsummer murder settings.

Its hard to walk places, cause I'll just be going out when my mum will be like, do you want a lift?

ReputationRep:
    I know, if you look on the metric one, for 168 cm which I am, I want to be 58kg which is the lower end of healthy, and at the moment I am 68kg which is just in the healthy weight range.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who wants to see what they should weigh visit :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/yourweight/bmi.shtml

It works well. I am also trying to get back to my fitness and ideal weight after exams. I play badminton and so need both to be right!! So im off for interval training soon!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys didnt read all of the thread!!

ReputationRep:
    You've got something wrong somewhere.

168cm is about 5 ft 6

this is the BMI for 5ft 8 with your weight

Your Weight - Body Mass Index
    Your BMI Result is:

You are in the healthy weight range and medical research suggests that this range is associated with the best health and least risk of heart disease, some cancers and osteoporosis. There are no health benefits to changing your weight.

It is important that you eat a varied and well-balanced diet, and take regular physical activity that you enjoy to maintain a healthy weight throughout life. This will also contribute to good health throughout life.

Recommended BMI Chart
    Underweight BMI less than 20
    Ideal BMI 20-25
    Overweight BMI 25-30
    Should lose weight BMI 30-40
    Lose weight now BMI greater than 40

Historyhoney do you know how to quote, if not i could tell you....

Don't be such a wimp, there's no danger in riding a bike on your own! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    oh okay cool! My diets not that harsh, if I'm hungry I do eat, but during the exams I got into these habits becasue I couldn't eat while in exams. The sweets have always been a rule, I get a saturday sweet once a week, then buy another at orchestra. I dont seem to be able to loose weight! It doesn't help how all my friends are super thin
    you don't need to be 9.5 stone! i'm 5'7 and i go up and down between 9 and 10 stone. got to 8.12 once! haha was so proud!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    you don't need to be 9.5 stone! i'm 5'7 and i go up and down between 9 and 10 stone. got to 8.12 once! haha was so proud!
    It's weird really as the BMI boundaries are quite large. I mean, I could put on another stone and a bit and still be in the 'Ideal' category.

Is nobody as light/lighter than me? This is worrying, especially as you're all girls...

Just as i was getting proud of my weight increase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    It's weird really as the BMI boundaries are quite large. I mean, I could put on another stone and a bit and still be in the 'Ideal' category.
    yeh i know. that chart is a bit poo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Is nobody as light/lighter than me? This is worrying, especially as you're all girls...

Just as i was getting proud of my weight increase.
    I jest my mate for being light and he's 9 stone. You're a feather!

ReputationRep:
    Historyhoney do you know how to quote, if not i could tell you....

Don't be such a wimp, there's no danger in riding a bike on your own! :rolleyes:
    I guess I do! My dad once got knocked over and was unconcious hence the uncertainty!! sorry I think i used a dodgy metric - imperial thing, so I'm probs around five foot 6, I dont actually know as I dont have a measurer, but I used a crude tape measurer which made out I was 168cm tall! When I weigh 11 stones I feel very fat and look it, a lot of fat is in my cheeks which is very annoying and the rest is in my stomach!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I guess I do! My dad once got knocked over and was unconcious hence the uncertainty!! sorry I think i used a dodgy metric - imperial thing, so I'm probs around five foot 6, I dont actually know as I dont have a measurer, but I used a crude tape measurer which made out I was 168cm tall! When I weigh 11 stones I feel very fat and look it, a lot of fat is in my cheeks which is very annoying and the rest is in my stomach!
    I'm around 5'7ish, and I weigh more than you. You just have to try not to let it get to you

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but I do need to figure out how to get my fitness levels up. I do seem to have quite a beer belly from t.v. (although ironically enough I hate beer)

yeah, but I do need to figure out how to get my fitness levels up. I do seem to have quite a beer belly from t.v. (although ironically enough I hate beer)
    PM imasillynarb if you're very serious about this, he'll give you some proper advice including exercise timetables and what to eat on what day.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the gym and get a personal trainer if you really are serious as they know exactly what to do

ReputationRep:
    PM imasillynarb if you're very serious about this, he'll give you some proper advice including exercise timetables and what to eat on what day.
    kool, lathough I know me mum will make me have what ever shes cooked at tea, and wont give in to me making my own tea grrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Go to the gym and get a personal trainer if you really are serious as they know exactly what to do
    personal trainers cost money which i dont have (sorry this does seem like I'm making excuses and I do want to get fit) as I dont go to school at the moment, the only type of sport I can do is biking, swimming (I can only JUST swim) and running of which I am lousy at the latter two!!! Lifes hard

ReputationRep:
    personal trainers cost money which i dont have (sorry this does seem like I'm making excuses and I do want to get fit) as I dont go to school at the moment, the only type of sport I can do is biking, swimming (I can only JUST swim) and running of which I am lousy at the latter two!!! Lifes hard
    Well the suggestion is to try and be active for at least 30mins a day. It doesn't need to be intensive exersise all the time - moderate and frequent is good too. Swimming is an excellent exercise, so try and do that as much as possible. Make up your own workouts with the bike e.g warm up riding at mmoderate speed for 5 mins, go really fast for a min etc ... And try and go to places with varying gradients, as this will make it harder and be great exercise too.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2004
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.