Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this might be a bit dramatic but

http://www.lightparty.com/Health/DietCokeAspartame.html

I drink loads of ribena, since i don't like water. I used to have it really strong but i'm having it gradually more and more dilute hoping that eventually i'll like the taste of water.

Diet coke is very bad for you, TK is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I drink loads of ribena, since i don't like water. I used to have it really strong but i'm having it gradually more and more dilute hoping that eventually i'll like the taste of water.

Diet coke is very bad for you, TK is right.
    hehe you sound like my bro. have you tried the flavoured volvic water? i'm not sure if it's better than drinking ribena but i think it is. if not then you should try it

(Original post by Tinykates)
    hehe you sound like my bro. have you tried the flavoured volvic water? i'm not sure if it's better than drinking ribena but i think it is. if not then you should try it
    I haven't gone more than two weeks without ribena since i was about 4, i couldn't betray it now for crappy volvic water, who do you think i am? I hate it that only water is free at school, and it's rank - what am i meant to do if i ahave no money, have had all ym drink already and have just played football for two hours? I usually just force it down but it's so rancid that it makes me feel sick.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't gone more than two weeks without ribena since i was about 4, i couldn't betray it now for crappy volvic water, who do you think i am? I hate it that only water is free at school, and it's rank - what am i meant to do if i ahave no money, have had all ym drink already and have just played football for two hours? I usually just force it down but it's so rancid that it makes me feel sick.
    lol. just take it. highland spring is the best water. maybe try brushing your teeth beforehand so you gat a fresher mintier taste? lol

ReputationRep:
    okay, I will try not to drink any diet coke tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    A tip for you... low fat foods aren't so low fat when you eat alot of them...trust me

ReputationRep:

AUUGH!! and i drink bottles of the stuff!! Ive tried to give up but its soo soo hard. maybe we should start up a "diet coke quitters support" thread <grin>

ReputationRep:
    oh oh oh grapefruit and celary are both negative calorie foods, so you burn off more calories chewing them than you do actually ingesting the foods. Spicy foods, but not creamy curries are good for buring off calories. If you exercise todays into your period, you burn double calories! good eh!

Cut out all sugary ****, i.e coke, sweets, chocolate, even if you are not an a diet coke is the worse thing you can ever drink! I know you've already said you wont be drking it, just thought i'd say it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    oh oh oh grapefruit and celary are both negative calorie foods, so you burn off more calories chewing them than you do actually ingesting the foods. Spicy foods, but not creamy curries are good for buring off calories. If you exercise todays into your period, you burn double calories! good eh!

Cut out all sugary ****, i.e coke, sweets, chocolate, even if you are not an a diet coke is the worse thing you can ever drink! I know you've already said you wont be drking it, just thought i'd say it again.
    That "negative calorie" food is a load of rubbish apparently. However grapefruit and celery is still good for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    Try and cut down on calories and proteins as these tend to store fat. More carbs, potatoes specifically. As for actual exercise, sit-ups/stomach crunches and running should do the trick. If you can get to a gym there's plenty of equipment (cardio-vascular) that can be set electronically for fat-burn.
    I cant believe youve just gone and said that, thats so wrong I dont even know where to begin ripping it apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I'm 6"2' and am 11 stone. What is my weight supposed to be for my height?
    More than that, thats for sure. Try pumping iron and eating lots, you need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    Try to get most of your carbs from vegetables rather than pasta, rice, bread etc. Also try to get more vegetables and fruit in your diet. What you are eating is slow to be digested, natural foods are digested quicker, which helps with your metabolism.

Have you tried swimming? I go swimming 2-3 times a week, I also go to aqua-aerobics which is so much fun
    'Natural' foods take longer to digest, hence are preffered over 'unnatural' foods because they 'fill you up' and generally dont cause insulin spikes. Rice pasta and bread are fine as long as you eat the wholemeal versions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    2 pints a day. You shouldn't actually drink TOO much water as it actually does more harm than good.
    Yet again a totally incorrect post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    kool, lathough I know me mum will make me have what ever shes cooked at tea, and wont give in to me making my own tea grrrr
    If she doesnt cook something healthy dont eat it, and make something yourself. Shell soon stop cooking **** for you, at least mine did..

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off topic but you know you have to drink 2/3 litres a day. Does anyone else find that the stuff from the tap tastes chemically? I can't drink that stuff now and can only drink Evian.

ReputationRep:
    Let me get this straight - you sit around drinking huge amounts of fattening and unhealthy drinks, and then worry that you weigh too much? Stop driking coke and you'll lose loads of weight.
    Diet coke has almost no calories, and the caffeine can actully aid weight loss..

ReputationRep:

Diet coke also has acesulfame K, another carcinogen. I drink about 8 cans a day of the stuff, oops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    okay, I will try not to drink any diet coke tomorrow
    phosphorus (sp) in fizzy drinks leeches calcium from your bones so can lead to osterperosis (sp) later on in life, aside from teeth decay and 'all that'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)

The calories you burn from celery are from digestion not chewing, and they _might_ be negative calories but you do actually need to get calories into your body on a daily basis *shock*

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.