The Student Room Group

Magic mushrooms lifts severe depression in trial

A hallucinogenic chemical found in magic mushrooms has successfully lifted severe depression in previously untreatable patients.Scientists at Imperial College London induced intense psychedelic trips in 12 people using high doses of the banned substance psilocybin.A week after the experience all the volunteers were depression-free, and three months later five still had no symptoms of the condition.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/05/17/magic-mushrooms-lifts-severe-depression-in-trial/

Small sample size but looks very promising and won't come as a surprise to anyone that's ever taken magic mushrooms before.
Good news but it's a sickening situation. There are people that have been treating their depression with mushrooms for decades and we throw them in prison and brand them criminals. We could've done this research 50 years ago and been treating depression, anxiety, PTSD and all sorts if we hadn't been waging this futile war on drugs and demonising drugs and their users.

It disgusts me that psychiatric medicine has been held for all this time at the whims of some stupid conservative puritans. David Nutt lost his job for suggesting that mushrooms should be rescheduled from schedule 1 ('no medicinal uses') to make research easier.

We need to stop letting idiots dictate our health.
Reply 2
Original post by JordanL_
Good news but it's a sickening situation. There are people that have been treating their depression with mushrooms for decades and we throw them in prison and brand them criminals. We could've done this research 50 years ago and been treating depression, anxiety, PTSD and all sorts if we hadn't been waging this futile war on drugs and demonising drugs and their users.

It disgusts me that psychiatric medicine has been held for all this time at the whims of some stupid conservative puritans. David Nutt lost his job for suggesting that mushrooms should be rescheduled from schedule 1 ('no medicinal uses':wink: to make research easier.

We need to stop letting idiots dictate our health.

Quite, absolutely sickening, those same Lysenkoite conservative puritans are more than happy to push snake oil in the form of homeopathy but something that might actually work, nar.
(edited 7 years ago)
Shrooms are a fantastic experience. I urge everyone to try them.
Reply 4
Original post by KingBradly
Shrooms are a fantastic experience.

And then you get the afterglow :h:
Great news. But you know we can't say positive things about illicit drugs on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by JordanL_

It disgusts me that psychiatric medicine has been held for all this time at the whims of some stupid conservative puritans. David Nutt lost his job for suggesting that mushrooms should be rescheduled from schedule 1 ('no medicinal uses':wink: to make research easier.

We need to stop letting idiots dictate our health. life

Fixed that.

I mean it's the same everywhere, not just health.
Original post by KingBradly
Shrooms are a fantastic experience. I urge everyone to try them.

Original post by DiddyDec
Great news. But you know we can't positive things about illicit drugs on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What DiddyDec said.
Original post by hovado
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/05/17/magic-mushrooms-lifts-severe-depression-in-trial/

Small sample size but looks very promising and won't come as a surprise to anyone that's ever taken magic mushrooms before.

They not magic for nothing are they?

(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending