The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Postgraduate - PGCE - Accommodation

Just wondering if anyone is currently looking for accommodation as a postgraduate in Leicester.
I'm undertaking a PGCE in social science from September (2016) and just started looking at accommodation options and tbh, the halls don't look too nice & they're super expensive for what they are.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Sophie :smile:
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Though, I have little idea what to expect in Leicester or England as a whole.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
ahhhh are you from elsewhere?
you can ask any questions if you need to know anything, I'm from Leeds in England so will be moving 2 hours to Leicester just struggling to find decent accommodation
I'm from the US. I've visited several places in England so I get the gist of daily life.

I'd prefer living with someone, but also not totally random. I also have no idea where to live. Id prefer living somewhere that's near a lot of stuff, open a bit later, and of course safer. Cost isn't really a problem, but yeah, hard to find the right choice.
Reply 4
I'm in the same boat. I might just bite the bullet and stay in halls. Most of the private halls seem to be fully booked.
I've found a place thats £80 a week and 10 minutes walk away from uni, only problem is I don't have enough people. No one else is looking at it right now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Are people still looking? I am going to be doing a PGCE too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending