The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

People are crying over losing 1 mark and Im pretty sure I've lost 20

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I thought it was a reasonable paper, expect standard boundaries.

Some of the fractions were a little odd. I think 8a will cause a lot of problems.

I would guess at 62-63 for an A and 55-56 for a B.

LOOL, i'm guessing at least 65-66 for me, but, i'm probably looking at high 60's :P.. Like everyone else, I flopped the area of the quadrilateral, 8)a) and the third part of the arithmetic progression question..
Original post by mali473
People are crying over losing 1 mark and Im pretty sure I've lost 20

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sigh I feel you :argh::bawling:
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I thought it was a reasonable paper, expect standard boundaries.

Some of the fractions were a little odd. I think 8a will cause a lot of problems.

I would guess at 62-63 for an A and 55-56 for a B.

For question 5 how many marks did I lose for not stating the values of Y?
just realised something..... I made a couple of mistakes on the sequences question (the birthday one... if forgot he was 10 when he started receiving the pocket money/ gifts) so overall I think I got 70-73 out of 75.

if I hadn't of done all of those mistakes I would have got full marks... but alas 70+ Is pretty damn good, now to get full marks in c2, c3, c4 and m1 :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nishakaur1996
Hey thanks for that Arsey. I have a question for my 11b I got the answer to K wrong but I think I would get 2 marks for method marks... But because my L was wrong the following two questions would have the wrong answer even though my method was correct so would I get 1 out of 2 marks for the other two?? This is really bugging me 😩

That's the same as me! I posted it earlier and no one has replied to it:frown:
On question 5, I accidentally did √100+84 rather than √100-84 when finding the values of x. Just wondered how many marks I would loose? Thanks.
For question 7 on the model answers if we just left it like the equation on the left how many marks would you get

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg i got like 33-36 marks lol i totally twatted that exam as i was late, im seriously hoping this is an E :frown::s-smilie:
How will the marks be awarded for Question 10C?
Reply 90
Anybody know whether I will get marks for getting the wrong answer for doing some wrong calculation in my work but using the right working? As in ecf?
Does anyone have an idea what 63 out of 75 would be in terms of a grade or UMS?
Reply 92
Please cast a vote after you check the solutions
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4094723
Reply 93
so for the last question i got k=-41/8 it was a silly mistake but it dramatically changed my answers will i get any follow through mark?
Hi Arsey,

I was just wondering for Q6,
For part A) I figured out a2, but messed up a3...would that be a method mark?

For part B) i used the incorrect figure for a3, would that also be a method mark, therefore i got the wrong answer

For part C) i messed up so I know i got no marks for that?

I would be grateful if someone could tell me how many marks i got for this questions

Thanks
Shia surprise
Reply 96
Original post by mooshyman
how many marks would i lose for in 11 b i wrote 6x instead of 6x2. This then caused me to get a wrong k value and so next 2 answers wrong( is it error carried forward)

i did the same exact thing oh my god
Reply 97
On question 10c i totally messed up! I used (a*b*h)/2 instead of (a+b*h)/2 to find the area of the trapezium. How many marks would i get overall considering the only two things i got wrong in that question were the area of the trapezium and the final answer?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 98
TBH, this question didnt ask you to say what y is, it just says give y in the form of ax+b, so i think ur fine
Reply 99
Original post by haes
i did the same exact thing oh my god

lol same, I hope its error carried forward:s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending