The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open university process forensic psychology

Hi

I am wanting to apply to start in October I'm just wondering if anyone knows the process of application. I'm a little worried about funding if I apply for my course and find out from student finance I can't get funding later can i leave the course before it starts? When applying for student finance do you pick full time or part time for the finance options? I'm wanting to finish in 3 years

Also wondering if anyone has done the forensic psychology degree or is doing it at the moment?. If studying full time how many hours do you recommend having spare? And how intense is it?

Thanks
Original post by ..Amy...
Hi

I am wanting to apply to start in October I'm just wondering if anyone knows the process of application. I'm a little worried about funding if I apply for my course and find out from student finance I can't get funding later can i leave the course before it starts? When applying for student finance do you pick full time or part time for the finance options? I'm wanting to finish in 3 years

Also wondering if anyone has done the forensic psychology degree or is doing it at the moment?. If studying full time how many hours do you recommend having spare? And how intense is it?

Thanks

All OU students choose Part Time when applying for student finance, even if you're studying the full-time equivalent 120 credits per year. When applying for your course, it will attempt to gauge whether or not you're eligible for a student loan by asking about your previous education, where you live, etc. Around the end of the application process, it tells you to go to SFE (assuming England, but whichever is appropriate) and apply for your loan, and then come back and enter your CR number to verify the loan.

The catch here is that you can't apply to SFE yet, because they haven't quite opened up part-time loans for 2016-2017, yet. It should be later this month, or possibly early June.

Finally, you have a 14-day cool-off period during which you can cancel your application if you change your mind.

I jumped the gun a bit and got a CR number without applying for an actual loan, and submitted that to the OU. Which is probably going to give me a huge headache later, so it's probably best to follow their steps. (I'm also an immigrant, so will have to mail in my biometric ID to both SFE to prove identity and the OU to prove residence, so I'm just going to have to get used to jumping through hoops.)

Obviously haven't studied the course you're looking into, but everybody I've seen has said the same thing: The OU isn't kidding around with its estimates of how much time you need to set aside. I'm sure a current or former student will chime in.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Oo. Update: I just checked, and Part Time applications opened up today!

Now when I go to the StudentHome on OU, my course page has a link to "Complete an Online Application" and some advice as to which buttons to select. (As an immigrant, I can't complete mine entirely online. I don't know if the same is true for others.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending