The Student Room Group

AQA Economics UNIT 2 23rd May 2016

Scroll to see replies

2 questions what happens if draw bar chart using both variables food prices and energy prices and was the calculation question -42. something or did you have to work out the difference in index because indx numbers are percentage increases already
Original post by hbaig27
What were everyones points for Context 1, 25 Marker?

first point - lower price of commodities = supply shift downwards - more factories being made/infrastructure made , evaluation deteriorated environment , less inflation

second point - lower price in commodities = shift right in ad, cheaper goods = more things being brought, too few goods for consumers, demand pull inflation - evaluation = just because price goes down, doesnt mean people will buy ( also mentioned unemployment goes down_

third point = (used extract) cheaper energy and food prices = more disposable income, due to uk's high propensity to import, ad shifts downwards ( right), evaluation most countries has a budget deficit e.g. uk and usa,

conclusion - basically commodities being low on price is good
you lose all marks
Original post by ECONOMICSMK
you lose all marks

how are you so sure if i got the one i was meant to draw fully correct
not too bad if your correct even 2 out of the 4 is decent for that mistake
Reply 85
No it's 3% and 8% one if you worked it out mathematically :smile:
Damn it I did the calculation question wrong. I just found the difference between the two firgues. Hoping for at least one mark for attempting it.

Did fairly good on the 10 marker and 25 marker.
(edited 7 years ago)
What did people get for the calculation on context 2?
Reply 88
I don't think you get any more marks for definitions in the new spec.
The new spec is marked out of 10 instead of 12 and the mark scheme has changed.
Reply 89
My Context 1 25 marker:

-Intro: Define key terms, Introduce objectives etc

-Growth: More spending as prices are lower, Firms have cheaper cost of production so they expand, increases AD (Depends upon multiplier and MPC etc) Diagram aswell

-Inflation: Prices are falling cause low production cost, consumers may be pessimistic and save leading to deflation

-BOP: UK imports less raw materials (it said this in the extract), cheaper prices make the UK more competitive so exports increase, didn't talk about the exchange rate because question didn't ask about it? (Evaluated with elasticity of imports and Marshel-lerner condition which doesn't really work here so might be wrong)

-Conc: Just said why lower prices are good basically

What do you think i got?
Original post by TheLongGame
Damn it I did the calculation question wrong. I just found the difference between the two firgues. Hoping for at least one mark for attempting it.

Did fairly good on the 10 marker and 25 marker.

i think thats right because index numbers are percentage increases i done the other way but im not sure
Reply 91
Original post by EggFriedRai

I got 5.4% or something like that but it was definitely 5. Something. What did you get??
Reply 92

5. something,, think it might've been 5.39 around there, can't remember
Reply 93
Original post by Philjonesss
i think thats right because index numbers are percentage increases i done the other way but im not sure

It's only a direct % increase i.e. the difference between the two years only if its from the base year to the year specified.
Original post by SANTR
It's only a direct % increase i.e. the difference between the two years only if its from the base year to the year specified.

oh kk so was the anwser for it in the exam 42.42 or close to 2 d.p?
Reply 95
Original post by Philjonesss
oh kk so was the anwser for it in the exam 42.42 or close to 2 d.p?

-41.42% apparently.
Original post by SANTR
-41.42% apparently.

yeah i got that just worried about the index thing so wasnt sure everyone got that by new -original / original

I got 5.39%. What about you???
Reply 98
Original post by Rubberbandit
I got 5.39%. What about you???

what do you thing new spec AS aqa will be
Reply 99
Original post by Jibzy16
Tell me how you'd get 10 marks from talking about AD only? There's one point you can make about it, whereas if you talk about AS, you have an additional diagram/more content to write about.

lool you dont know what you are on about. Please stop trying to be an ***hole to people. You DO NOT need to talk about both AS and AD in the 10 marker.

Diagram of AD shifting left (4 marks)
2 definitions (2 marks)
Imports become cheaper and exports becomes expensive (2 marks)
Components of AD, exports > imports therefore AD decreases (2 marks)
Lower price level, inflation decreases. (2 marks) (making reference to the diagram)
Use a quote (application) (2 marks)

Quick Reply