Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm a female student from Glasgow uni who will be doing a summer placement as a Biochemistry researcher assistant in Reading. I'm currently looking to rent a room over the summer.

Does anyone know which websites are the best for looking for student property in Reading? I contacted several agencies, most of them unfortunately don't do short term contracts.

By any chance you know someone who will be leaving Reading for the summer and could let a room? I assume that some students go home for 3 months and could be interested in letting their flats to other people.

On Glasgow uni moodle we have a student forum for exchanging rooms and flats for the summer, maybe there is also such a thing for Reading uni?

Thank you very much for your time and help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenlakes137)
    Hello,

I'm a female student from Glasgow uni who will be doing a summer placement as a Biochemistry researcher assistant in Reading. I'm currently looking to rent a room over the summer.

Does anyone know which websites are the best for looking for student property in Reading? I contacted several agencies, most of them unfortunately don't do short term contracts.

By any chance you know someone who will be leaving Reading for the summer and could let a room? I assume that some students go home for 3 months and could be interested in letting their flats to other people.

On Glasgow uni moodle we have a student forum for exchanging rooms and flats for the summer, maybe there is also such a thing for Reading uni?

Thank you very much for your time and help!
    Hi, are you still looking for a place to stay? I'm in a similar situation as you except I have a 12 month placement.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Not sure if you've found a place yet, but I'm currently studying Biochemistry at Reading! Just finished my first year, and I have a house of 4 rooms which I'll be sharing with 2 others (a biomedic and biological scientist, we're all female) and a 4th housemate who we have yet to find.

The contract starts from July 1st, but none of us will be there over the summer, so if you can't find anywhere else and would be willing to cover the cost of rent (£400 per month) + any bills used during that time you're more than welcome to stay at our place!

Also there are lots of Facebook groups for people searching for student housing in Reading! They're pretty easy to find, but if you want I could send you the links to a few

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.