Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's your index? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

I did the one that said 20-25 was normal weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    apparently im 20.8...sounds ok

...but i know i need to lose some.
    From that, you could do with againing a bit of weight actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    From that, you could do with againing a bit of weight actually.
    it depends on how much of ur weight is fat or muscle etc. mine is 19.9... but my ideal weight is 2kgs less

ReputationRep:
    20.3 don't worry if you're under 20 it doesn't actually matter that much the limit was set by insurance companies and people with a BMI under 20 tended to be smokers hence the whole unhealthy thing, it's actually not bad

(Original post by kriztinae)
    it depends on how much of ur weight is fat or muscle etc. mine is 19.9... but my ideal weight is 2kgs less
    My "ideal" weight is apparently 71kgs so I'm allegedly 3kgs underweight. however my body fat is 9% which is 0.4% more than I would like it to be, I should therefore eat plenty of fish and do more weights......not gonna happen!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    My "ideal" weight is apparently 71kgs so I'm allegedly 3kgs underweight. however my body fat is 9% which is 0.4% more than I would like it to be, I should therefore eat plenty of fish and do more weights......not gonna happen!!!
    haha!
    my ideal weight is 50.... iv been eating practically nothign these past 2 days and i still haventlost any weight, i need excercise but im lazy!!
    donrt u like fish? mmm love it

ReputationRep:
    haha!
    my ideal weight is 50.... iv been eating practically nothign these past 2 days and i still haventlost any weight, i need excercise but im lazy!!
    how tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    How? According to that you are borderline underweight/normal.

ReputationRep:
    how tall are you?
    short,..... 160.... or 5'3

haha!
    I love fish, its just the weights to build muscle thing that I'm not a fan of. I'm a runner by disposition so I would prefer a 15k run as opposed to lifing a single weight!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i dunno i just am, got a bit of excess fat here and there.

Muscle is heavier than fat. Therefore someone with more fat will find it easier to weigh less than someone with more muscle. This is why the BMI falls flat on its face when you dont know your body fat %.

ReputationRep:
    I love fish, its just the weights to build muscle thing that I'm not a fan of. I'm a runner by disposition so I would prefer a 15k run as opposed to lifing a single weight!!!!
    :rolleyes: lazy!
    i like running too, but im lazy, tried to go to the gym for a month, i gained weight, felt fatter ... never gnna do that again! horrible experience!

ReputationRep:
    short,..... 160.... or 5'3
    ah! i thought you were like 170 or something...i was about to say 50!

i dunno i just am, got a bit of excess fat here and there.
    I can be thin everywhere but my upper tummy (even lower is toned alright). I think that my body has designated that region for engery storage or something. In real terms it just means that I have to put in a few gym sessions before I wear a fitted t-shirt.

ReputationRep:
    haha!
    i need excercise but im lazy!!
    Welcome to my world I also need to go one a diet but its really hard, because when i go out i tend to eat out, and you cant control a restaurant menu, plus you want to spoil yourself!

ReputationRep:
    ah! i thought you were like 170 or something...i was about to say 50!
    nope im quite short...
    about to say 50? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    nope im quite short...
    about to say 50? :confused:
    its really thin...although id love to be that weight, im about 168 - 170 cm tall though, so id be considered anorexic.

ReputationRep:
    I can be thin everywhere but my upper tummy (even lower is toned alright). I think that my body has designated that region for engery storage or something. In real terms it just means that I have to put in a few gym sessions before I wear a fitted t-shirt.
    yeah gym alot of guys can usually put up with the gym... thats cool.
    lets just hope you dont wear a fitted tshirt ... hehe ... just not the style i like to see on guys

(Original post by Thornsnroses)
    Welcome to my world I also need to go one a diet but its really hard, because when i go out i tend to eat out, and you cant control a restaurant menu, plus you want to spoil yourself!
    i know what u mean, went out today for dinner and i ate soo much!! i feel fat now

ReputationRep:
    its really thin...although id love to be that weight, im about 168 - 170 cm tall though, so id be considered anorexic.
    yeah that would be too skinny... how much do u weigh?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.