Turn on thread page Beta

What's your index? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    didnt your parents like warn you, or ban you from playing or something?

Also what cardio excerises did you do? Is biking one?
    Nah they tried, but I just carried on, they couldnt stop me really..

No I used a cross trainer

(Original post by imasillynarb)
    Nah they tried, but I just carried on, they couldnt stop me really..

No I used a cross trainer
    I've had a similar experience. At one point (I think I was 13), I am almost certain that I was clinically obese. This was mainly due to a grossely unhealthy lifestyle and little physical activity. After realising the position I was putting myself in (aged around 15/16), I decided to make huge changes. Thankfully I'm now at a reasonable weight (around 4st lighter :eek: ) and I enjoy a very good level of fitness (15km in 58mins 15 secs ). I'm convinced that the key to getting into a healthy lifestyle and having a good fitness level is knowledge of how to excercise properly and how to eat healthy. In my experience the more informed people are the ones who get to the levels that they are content with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    whats the best way to put on weight - i eat loads but never seem to gain any
    oh poor you (!)

no im kidding.. i have a dad like that...

lu x

ReputationRep:
    Im 21.2 on the first one (36th percentile), and im 7kgs below my 'ideal' weight in the other one.

Man I didn't think the average person was THAT fat!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I've had a similar experience. At one point (I think I was 13), I am almost certain that I was clinically obese. This was mainly due to a grossely unhealthy lifestyle and little physical activity. After realising the position I was putting myself in (aged around 15/16), I decided to make huge changes. Thankfully I'm now at a reasonable weight (around 4st lighter :eek: ) and I enjoy a very good level of fitness (15km in 58mins 15 secs ). I'm convinced that the key to getting into a healthy lifestyle and having a good fitness level is knowledge of how to excercise properly and how to eat healthy. In my experience the more informed people are the ones who get to the levels that they are content with.
    woah, on the tread at my gym it takes me 10mins to do 1.5km and Im knackered!

Woah, either youre a superfit freak or I am dangerously unfit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    wow man. 48" waist. :eek:
    Woah you have a 48" waist? Can you buy clothes or do u have to make them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    here's a different one then: http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm
    :confused: I'm at the 2nd percentile. What does that mean?

(Original post by *dave*)
    woah, on the tread at my gym it takes me 10mins to do 1.5km and Im knackered!

Woah, either youre a superfit freak or I am dangerously unfit!
    I just love running (cross trainer comes a close second)!!! I may be able to run longer than most but due to a complete lack of upper body strength, you could almost certainly cream me on the free weights!!!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, train smarter, then harder

God that sounds gay

ReputationRep:
    I just love running (cross trainer comes a close second)!!! I may be able to run longer than most but due to a complete lack of upper body strength, you could almost certainly cream me on the free weights!!!
    How do you know how far youre going? Do you use a treadmill?

ReputationRep:
    my BMI is 20.1--im average

ReputationRep:
    it is interesting there are lots of people between 17 and 24 and then another group just above 30. There are very few people here between 24 and 30.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    it is interesting there are lots of people between 17 and 24 and then another group just above 30. There are very few people here between 24 and 30.

MB
    I'm somewhere between 25 and 26 i think. Mainly cos i'm short and i've played rugby as a prop for the last 7 years.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)

MB
    Im 26

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    I'm somewhere between 25 and 26 i think. Mainly cos i'm short and i've played rugby as a prop for the last 7 years.

G
    What so you think doing rugby just bumps up your BMI by default?

ReputationRep:
    What so you think doing rugby just bumps up your BMI by default?
    No..i didn't say that...just that playing rugby over the last 7 years means that i've put on more muscle than i would have if i hadn't been playing.

G

ReputationRep:
    No..i didn't say that...just that playing rugby over the last 7 years means that i've put on more muscle than i would have if i hadn't been playing.

G
    How does it? You realise that rugby doesnt actually require any additional muscle to be played, and that doing alot of cardiovascular exercise is going to inhibit muscle mass gains.

You put on muscle lifting weights, not running around a field and pushing in a scrum..

ReputationRep:
    How does it? You realise that rugby doesnt actually require any additional muscle to be played, and that doing alot of cardiovascular exercise is going to inhibit muscle mass gains.

You put on muscle lifting weights, not running around a field and pushing in a scrum..
    Ah..but like most rugby players....over the past few years i've been doing weights to bulk up and thus be a better prop. It's pretty damn hard to have not much muscle and be a good prop. It's all rubgy linked for me

G

ReputationRep:
    Ah..but like most rugby players....over the past few years i've been doing weights to bulk up and thus be a better prop. It's pretty damn hard to have not much muscle and be a good prop. It's all rubgy linked for me

G
    In my experience being a prop is all about just being heavy, dont need much muscle for that!

ReputationRep:
    In my experience being a prop is all about just being heavy, dont need much muscle for that!
    You dont even need to be heavy, the scrums all about technique and practice and the lineouts more about coordinating with the jumper and having sufficient upper body strength to lift the jumper 15 times a game....fitness is ten times more important for a prop than weight....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.