The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

crana
I'm most impressed that you know my name and my offer. :smile:

i dunno though. even if I was...I don't feel like i have put enough effort in to make my offer....and even when I did really, really try e.g. p3.....i just can't do it

AND moreover i looked on the thingy yesterday for teh maths module i have to do at cambridge, which is meant to be EASY MATHS FOR DAFT BIOLOGISTS, and I need to be able to do all the p3 stuff!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi

rosie

ps. where are you going?& what to do?

I thought statistics and graphical modelling were most important for biologists,so assumed it was harder than P3. Don't want to be in your shoes when you model population changes.

Um, hmm, well P2 and P3 didn't go too well for me either, though strangely P4 and P5 went better :rolleyes:

I'm off to (grades permitting) Imperial for Mech Eng.
Mysticmin
I thought statistics and graphical modelling were most important for biologists,so assumed it was harder than P3. Don't want to be in your shoes when you model population changes.

Um, hmm, well P2 and P3 didn't go too well for me either, though strangely P4 and P5 went better :rolleyes:

I was kind of hoping that there would be computers to do it all and they would just tell us what buttons to press :rolleyes:

good luck with Imperial! i was there for a course last year and really liked it :smile: wanted to apply but didn't want to be in London.. so..
Reply 182
me!
me! Some people did leave the room in some of the sessions even if they were predicted C's.

Well... the only a few subjects stipulated C or above grades, only the english department enforced them in term time. [Our school will basically take on anyone]. Hope you found the induction informative [Ours certainly wasn't]

crana

I am always in two minds about this - during the year, I find it SO frustrating when I ask a question and get told "you don't need to know that..." etc - but when it comes to exams I get very cross if we have wasted loads of time on stuff that turns out not to be on the syllabus etc. Because we *always* run out of time to finish what actually is on the syllabus!

I know what you mean!(well, i think I do). We ran out of time in physics because one of our teachers spent far too much time telling us things that weren't on the syllabus - and it wasn't like we could understand most of it since it was degree level (or at least it seemed that way :wink: )
Reply 183
Mysticmin

Pure maths is great maths

Mechanics maths is fun maths

Statistics maths is mediocre maths
Reply 184
eddiedaboss

D+D1 maths is the best maths! LOL it's not even maths ;/
crana
I was kind of hoping that there would be computers to do it all and they would just tell us what buttons to press :rolleyes:

good luck with Imperial! i was there for a course last year and really liked it :smile: wanted to apply but didn't want to be in London.. so..

Yeah the london factor is good and bad at the same time. I love london but I don't love the inccured living costs.

I wish my calculator did all the work for me... :biggrin:
eddiedaboss

too true, Descision just isnt maths so isnt worth mentioning :smile: (j/king)
Reply 187
crana

By the way, are yo the person I was arguing with some time ago about diseases, cancer, antibiotics etc? or am I confused?

Maybe but I don't remember you arguing but at least we agree on something :smile:
Reply 188
Cellardore
i have to agree. SYNOTPTIC i hate the sound of the word let alone what it means. Mind you i actually find History easier now than i did at GCSE :redface:

Didn't it used to be that the only paper was like that, a bit like we still have here? The modular system certainly sounds a lot easier to me.

Latest

Trending

Trending