Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just completed my student finance application for the full tuition fee loan but didn't apply for the maintenance loan. However when I start my course in Sept/Oct, I will be eligible for a bursary provided by my university which is Household Income assessed. How would i provide this information to Student finance as it didn't come up as an option on my application form?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You'd have to talk to the uni. But they usually require proof of the amount of loan you're receiving as proof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mohammed212)
    I have just completed my student finance application for the full tuition fee loan but didn't apply for the maintenance loan. However when I start my course in Sept/Oct, I will be eligible for a bursary provided by my university which is Household Income assessed. How would i provide this information to Student finance as it didn't come up as an option on my application form?
    The only way of supplying your household income to SF, is to be assessed for the Maintenance Loan. As SF are not performing an income assessment, you need to speak to the uni to find out whether they are able to do this themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i emailed them and they said i need to apply for a maintenance loan with sfe to qualify. Is there a minimum loan amount i have to take out as im reluctant on taking out maintenance?

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i emailed them and they said i need to apply for a maintenance loan with sfe to qualify. Is there a minimum loan amount i have to take out as im reluctant on taking out maintenance?
    im pretty sure there was an option to take out no maintenance loan at all, since they gave you an estimate of what you could get, but also gave you the option to choose how much you want
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Each uni sets their own rules.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.