19.67%
    Hard
    45.90%
    Really hard
    4.92%

ReputationRep:
    How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the hardest c1 paper I've seen, but looking back on it now, wasn't as bad as I first thought, questions 1,2,3,7,8 I think I got full marks on, maybe one or two dropped marks and in the other questions, I think I did enough to get some marks. Like I really screwed up the circles question, and I struggled with the negative parabola one (leave in the form m + or - root n.) interested to see others thoughts though as judging by twitter after the exam, people weren't too keen, but with time to reflect people may see it differently now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaq)
    How did you find it?
    (Original post by No1Scrib)
    Definitely the hardest c1 paper I've seen, but looking back on it now, wasn't as bad as I first thought, questions 1,2,3,7,8 I think I got full marks on, maybe one or two dropped marks and in the other questions, I think I did enough to get some marks. Like I really screwed up the circles question, and I struggled with the negative parabola one (leave in the form m + or - root n.) interested to see others thoughts though as judging by twitter after the exam, people weren't too keen, but with time to reflect people may see it differently now.
    This thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4094723

ReputationRep:
    That one is for the Edexcel paper. This is the AQA paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaq)
    That one is for the Edexcel paper. This is the AQA paper.
    oops misread xD

ReputationRep:
    I found it alright but definitely much harder than any past C1 paper I had done, which was all since 2005. Most likely going to be lower boundaries based on reactions on twitter, not sure why there were so many complaints about the fractions though I didn't find any to be particularly hard

ReputationRep:
    I honestly feel this paper will probably be one of the hardest C1 papers AQA has ever made, and I feel a lot of people may have made silly mistake, so the grade boundaries will defiantly be lower. I wouldn't really describe it as a hard paper but tricky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlowWorm)
    I honestly feel this paper will probably be one of the hardest C1 papers AQA has ever made, and I feel a lot of people may have made silly mistake, so the grade boundaries will defiantly be lower. I wouldn't really describe it as a hard paper but tricky.
    I agree. Easy questions, difficult numbers

ReputationRep:
    super upset. looking back on it i see how easy it should have been but i think the stress messed me up :/ really down about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dylan11335577)
    I found it alright but definitely much harder than any past C1 paper I had done, which was all since 2005. Most likely going to be lower boundaries based on reactions on twitter, not sure why there were so many complaints about the fractions though I didn't find any to be particularly hard
    Sshhhhh.... don't complain, more complaints=lower grade boundaries :smug:

ReputationRep:
    This week I've done 4 of the most recent past papers, and at most I dropped 5 or 6 marks for silly little mistakes; overall they were fairly easy. But today was actually awful, I don't know what it was, but I couldn't get my head around the questions, and they were making some big numbers to deal with which was annoying if not anything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryingbcmaths)
    super upset. looking back on it i see how easy it should have been but i think the stress messed me up :/ really down about it...
    same here I really only messed up on the integration question, i got the line of P wrong and so i therefore could work out Q or the total area which sucks! But i got the ingetral correct and all the correct methods, how many marks do u think i'll loose??

ReputationRep:
    Really needed 60/70 UMS in this exam... How many marks do you think I would need for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryingbcmaths)
    Really needed 60/70 UMS in this exam... How many marks do you think I would need for this?
    Hard to say! Grade boundaries change every year depending on the difficulty of the paper and overall performance. Maybe look at previous grade boundaries on the website and use that as a rough indicator?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.