Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just bought this album its pretty good, well worh buying if you're into indie/rock.

Its kind of a cross between Oasis and the Beatles.

I should have bought it earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Just bought this album its pretty good, well worh buying if you're into indie/rock.

My Brother used to play their albums all the time when he lived at home. Have you only heard them now? What other deals are there in store?

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Ian Brown perform live (year before last, I think :confused: ), as a supporting act. He was bloody terrible - he honestly was.

Stone Roses are good though, if a little dated.

ReputationRep:

Fookin' fantastic album, one of my favourites ever...the album that layed the blueprint for britpop and in my oppinion, the best album of the last 20-25 years. The La's self titled album is also great. If you haven't heard it, I'd recomend you check it out, kinda similar in style to the Stone Roses, just not as good...

ReputationRep:
    Donny Darko on DVD is £3.99 as well...well worth purchasing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Fookin' fantastic album, one of my favourites ever...the album that layed the blueprint for britpop and in my oppinion, the best album of the last 20-25 years. The La's self titled album is also great. If you haven't heard it, I'd recomend you check it out, kinda similar in style to the Stone Roses, just not as good...
    Which album is he talking about by them?

Lol actually I take it he means "Stone Roses" the album, just ignore me!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I mean Stone Roses the ablum. It was voted the best of album of all time recently. I am not sure if I agree but its a very good album. There isa lot of diversity in it.

It takes a little while to go into it, but I think it helps me being a manc, I've heared all the songs before in clubs not realising it was the Stone Roses.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I mean Stone Roses the ablum. It was voted the best of album of all time recently. I am not sure if I agree but its a very good album. There isa lot of diversity in it.

It takes a little while to go into it, but I think it helps me being a manc, I've heared all the songs before in clubs not realising it was the Stone Roses.

Yeah a lot of people will know some Stone Roses songs without even knowing it was them.

(Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Yeah a lot of people will know some Stone Roses songs without even knowing it was them.
    I think everyone on the planet can recognise Fools Gold but if you ask them the band...... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I think everyone on the planet can recognise Fools Gold but if you ask them the band...... :rolleyes:
    Indeed ... kids today ... :rolleyes:

(Original post by JenniferPowers)
    I saw that advertised today. Thought I might buy it. I am assured it's a pretty essential album, but I guess that depends on what sort of stuff you're into.
    If you don't own anything by TSR then you should definitely spend the £4 and get it. They are one of the few bands that can say that they changed music forever and it really is class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniferPowers)
    Donny Darko is good. However, I think people suggest it is better than it actually is. I watched it, and ok I thought it was thought provoking, but I didn't think it was amazing! There are much better films for things like that. I think people think that if a film is confusing it must be fantastic and meaningful, but that just isn't always the case. I wouldn't BUY Donny Darko, but I would borrow it. It's worth seeing.

Sorry to go off on a tangent there...
    You're just accross the River Mersey from me, I'm in Chorlton. Don't you like calling yourself a manc then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    If you don't own anything by TSR then you should definitely spend the £4 and get it. They are one of the few bands that can say that they changed music forever and it really is class.
    True, so true

ReputationRep:
    This album is now in the top 10!!! Since it was released in 1989 that must be result of the HMV sale!

ReputationRep:
    This album is now in the top 10!!! Since it was released in 1989 that must be result of the HMV sale!
    HMV would have been the main factor for this result. Got anything else from the HMV sale?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    HMV would have been the main factor for this result. Got anything else from the HMV sale?
    It was recently voted in the best album of all time recently as well so that may have helped a little

I didn't really notice what else they had, Morrisey's Greatest hits £2.99, Blondies Greatest hites £4.99, it was mainly older stuff they had in the sale.

Its well worth going down.

ReputationRep:
    It was recently voted in the best album of all time recently as well so that may have helped a little

I didn't really notice what else they had, Morrisey's Greatest hits £2.99, Blondies Greatest hites £4.99, it was mainly older stuff they had in the sale.

Its well worth going down.
    Well i went down yesterday and brought the best of De La Soul. It has an extra disc with contributions from common and was limited edition for £4.99 so i was happy.

ReputationRep:
    I have everything the Stone Roses have ever done. I also agree with mobbdeeprob, Ian Brown is so shite live... mainly because his nose is usually like Ben Nevis.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, their debut is essential. "Second Coming," the follow-up, isn't.

Speaking of which, what do you guys think of John Squire's solo career? The guy's an excellent guitarist, but man can he not sing :eek: "Marshall's House" was painful.

ReputationRep:
    Squire's post Roses stuff wasn't as bad as Ian Brown's, but was still nowhere near The Second Comming, never mind their debut...Mani's the only one that's done really well for himself since the Stone Roses split, Primal Scream have released some of their best stuff since he joined the band.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.