Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help with of mice and men// What questions could come up on monday 23rd of may Watch

ReputationRep:
    On monday i am re-taking my of mice and men GCSE and was wondering if anyone had any predictions on the questions

ReputationRep:
    Anything, absolutely anything - at the rate AQA is actually going at.

ReputationRep:
    im thinking isolation or the american dream for part b & a chapter6/candys dog extract

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, Curley has never come up but I think Adzkii786 is totally right; after hearing about the hellish biology unit 1 paper it really could be anything

ReputationRep:
    My teacher went over all the past papers up until 2012 and the people and themes that haven't come up are...
    - Curley
    - Death
    - Lennie
    - Dreams
    - The American Dream
    - Carlson
    - Whitt

I think there was more but I cannot remember. I'll update you when I find out x

ReputationRep:
    ^^ that is for AQA btw.

ReputationRep:
    Idk rlly. I hope someone In AQA has a heart tbh

ReputationRep:
    i'm ******** my self for that i literally can't remember anything :o:S

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Slim!
    I'm pretty okay with all the characters, I hope its Curley or Carlson.
    If it's Slim or Whitt, I'll probably cry because they are the characters I know least about.

ReputationRep:
    Curley and Lennie have come up!

Curley was June 2014 and June 2015
    Lennie was January 2015 Resit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student02000)
    Curley and Lennie have come up!

Curley was June 2014 and June 2015
    Lennie was January 2015 Resit
    Oh sorry. I was sure she said Curley and Lennie, unles she said Curleys wife, but oh well.
    Is this for AQA?

I was hoping it wouldn't be Lennie anyway because there's so much that you can write about him that I'd probably panic and make really awful points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraceyDeSanta)
    My teacher went over all the past papers up until 2012 and the people and themes that haven't come up are...
    - Curley
    - Death
    - Lennie
    - Dreams
    - The American Dream
    - Carlson
    - Whitt

I think there was more but I cannot remember. I'll update you when I find out x
    I don't think Whit and Carlson will come up because they are too minor, Curley can be link to hierarchy and treatment to his wife but there isn't much to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    For the extract question I think it could be Candy's dog being shot from chapter 3. For the part b questions, it could be on animal imagery and how the different characters are associated with animals and how that reflects society's values and ideals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InneRs)
    I don't think Whit and Carlson will come up because they are too minor, Curley can be link to hierarchy and treatment to his wife but there isn't much to talk about.
    Carlson could come up linked to a theme, I heard something like masculinity might come up for one of the exam companies. If masculinity came up, you could probably talk about men were just for work and for using women for sex which can be related to the whorehouses as the men are provided with sex when they want it. However, emotions can be discussed, due to the stereotypes for men were to be macho and strong resulting in them not showing emotions which can be linked to Carlson as he is the one to suggest killing Candy's dog and eventually shoots it. Also, Carlson has the last line in the novel which is 'Now what the hell ya suppose is eatin' them two guys?' which he says to Curley which implies that Carlson doesn't understand the strong relationship between Lennie and George and the suffering George just went through to shoot Lennie, his lifelong companion.

ReputationRep:
    my class actually had a lesson about Carlson and how he linked to the American Dream and some other stuff and I have some very detailed notes about him, so he could come up! But yeah he doesn't really have much of a part. He only shows up at the end and when the dog gets shot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.