English Literature

Watch this thread
Unorganisedaf
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is anyone doing OCR English literature? If so, are you studying any of the following Rossetti/Hamlet/The Bloody Chamber/ A Doll's House/Dracula? I figured it might be useful for people to have something on English.
Rhythmical
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Only one I'm doing is the Bloody Chamber (hate that collection of short stories)
Unorganisedaf
Rep:
(Original post by Rhythmical)
Only one I'm doing is the Bloody Chamber (hate that collection of short stories)
Worst one of them is the Snowchild, raping a dead imaginary child thing, yeah that is a little out there.
Rhythmical
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Unorganisedaf)
Worst one of them is the Snowchild, raping a dead imaginary child thing, yeah that is a little out there.
That one freaked me out, I really thought Angela Carter would redeem herself by making it more normal I guess due to the title but she ****ed it up. Atleast it isn't until next Thursday!
ameliahxlt
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Is anyone doing OCR English literature? If so, are you studying any of the following Rossetti/Hamlet/The Bloody Chamber/ A Doll's House/Dracula? I figured it might be useful for people to have something on English.
I'm doing Hamlet and Rosetti, absolute nightmare
Unorganisedaf
Rep:
(Original post by ameliahxlt)
I'm doing Hamlet and Rosetti, absolute nightmare
Thank God. I felt like our school is the only one doing Rossetti. I can't find much at all on her poems online, bloody hard analysing her work.
ameliahxlt
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Thank God. I felt like our school is the only one doing Rossetti. I can't find much at all on her poems online, bloody hard analysing her work.
Cross-ref it is the best site by far for her poems. Remembering it all is the hardest bit
Unorganisedaf
Rep:
(Original post by ameliahxlt)
Cross-ref it is the best site by far for her poems. Remembering it all is the hardest bit
Funny because 2 of her poems are about remembering her 😂 I'll try and use that site. I think the hardest poem for me to analyse and see as useful is I think it's called Jhansi tower? Something like that. It doesn't really relate to love or religion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.99%
Take a gap year (22)
15.94%
Resit my exams (37)
26.81%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
13.04%
I don't know yet (15)
10.87%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.35%

Watched Threads