Please help me. OCR RS GCSE. EXAM MISTAKE Watch

J199
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

Today I sat the OCR GCSE Christanity. At the end of the booklet there is lined paper so that you can carry on writing if you don't have enough space. I did this but I got confused instead of writing 1ami wrote the page number instead. What will happen, is the OCR paper scanned or will the examiner realise my mistake.
villalauren
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there!
I am doing Edexcel for RS so this may not be relevant, but according to my teacher, each question on the paper is marked by a different examiner. Was there 2 questions on the same page? If so i'm not sure what will happen :/

Best of luck anyway!
Hassi77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by villalauren)
Hi there!
I am doing Edexcel for RS so this may not be relevant, but according to my teacher, each question on the paper is marked by a different examiner. Was there 2 questions on the same page? If so i'm not sure what will happen :/

Best of luck anyway!
Thats not correct , papers get scanned and sent to the examiner to mark electronically. did you write " Page 9 " or just 9 ?
Goldeneman1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by J199)
Hello,

Today I sat the OCR GCSE Christanity. At the end of the booklet there is lined paper so that you can carry on writing if you don't have enough space. I did this but I got confused instead of writing 1ami wrote the page number instead. What will happen, is the OCR paper scanned or will the examiner realise my mistake.
Hey dude don't worry. I was told by my RE teacher that the examiners had to do a great big cross across all pages to show that they have read and marked it. I also think it will be obvious what question you were answering. Also how did you find the exam? I sat the same one and it was much harder than the past papers
J199
Rep:
?
I will try and make myself more clear as it seems not a lot of people do ocr. So there is 3 question blocks but you only answer 2, that part was fine. Each question blocks is 1a-e. on the first page you have question a,b, and c. Then on the next page you have question d, and question e has its own page. I used up all the space in the booklet, so at the back of the booklet there is lines, in the margin you're supposed to answer what question you had continued such as 2a. However, I wasn't sure if it meant page number or question number so I did it wrong. Now I'm really worried
J199
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goldeneman1)
Hey dude don't worry. I was told by my RE teacher that the examiners had to do a great big cross across all pages to show that they have read and marked it. I also think it will be obvious what question you were answering. Also how did you find the exam? I sat the same one and it was much harder than the past papers
I'm not sure, do your school do ethics,Islam,Christianity and Islam. I found the paper quiet accessible it was much nicer than the ethics paper. I liked the 12 mark questions. I did core beliefs and special days and pilgrimages.
J199
Rep:
?
Just wrote 9e for example, not page 9
Goldeneman1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by J199)
I'm not sure, do your school do ethics,Islam,Christianity and Islam. I found the paper quiet accessible it was much nicer than the ethics paper. I liked the 12 mark questions. I did core beliefs and special days and pilgrimages.
Same here. We were doing Christianity
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by J199)
Just wrote 9e for example, not page 9
They arent stupid and are used to marking exams.
If you wrote 9 when there was no question 9 that will put them on alert and it will be an obvious mistake that wont confuse them. Dont worry.

Focus on your next exam.
J199
Rep:
?
Okay that makes me feel a bit better, I've got marks gospel and Islam soon so hopefully I don't make any mistakes. Does anyone know how ocr marks papers, does 1'question go to different people.
georginarowley
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey man don't worry, I did the exact same thing and asked the exam invigilator afterwards and she said it's fine, because the examiners aren't trying to mark you down so they will be looking for any credible answer that they can see and match with the questions
Relax bro, you're fine
J199
Rep:
?
I still feel like I'm explaining it badly, I was supposed to write 3e in the Margin but I accidentally wrote 8e as it was page number 8 question e.
J199
Rep:
?
Does the same person mark my whole exam
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Btw dont you fill out on your exam paper which questions you answered? Also they are bound to look at the extra space section, especially if you ran out of space. its normal just to write continued.
J199
Rep:
?
Okay thanks. For ethics we had to write out the question number for every question but not Christianity.
Rimsha100100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by J199)
Hello,

Hi,
I do OCR exam board for RS and my teacher said you have to write the question because different people mark your different questions so you have to write your question your page number is not relevant to the marker but fingers crossed they may be nice and try to find marks. oh and i'm sorry if i've scared you
J199
Rep:
?
No it's fine, hopefully I have a nice examiner. I just need to be more careful in my next exam
kb12345
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I loved today's RE exam it was so good. Mostly general knowledge questions and no book revision was needed whatsoever!
Goldeneman1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kb12345)
I loved today's RE exam it was so good. Mostly general knowledge questions and no book questions whatsoever!
Did you do Christianity?
kb12345
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Goldeneman1)
Did you do Christianity?
Yeah I did both christianity 1 and 2 for 2 hours with a 15 break in between
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (116)
17.6%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.62%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (115)
17.45%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (97)
14.72%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
30.05%

Watched Threads