The Student Room Group

Did anyone do the AQA Religion and Life Issues paper today?

How did you guys find it? Were they any questions that stumped you? Personally I thought that it was quite a nice paper; you didn't actually need to know that many teachings though so I have a feeling that many people will get some high marks and the grade boundaries will also be quite high.
Original post by plex-
How did you guys find it? Were they any questions that stumped you? Personally I thought that it was quite a nice paper; you didn't actually need to know that many teachings though so I have a feeling that many people will get some high marks and the grade boundaries will also be quite high.

I did. If you did the prejudice section, did you talk about more than one religious leader? As it said " leaders" plural and it was 5 marks, so I wasn't sure.
Reply 2
Original post by ScienceFantatic
I did. If you did the prejudice section, did you talk about more than one religious leader? As it said " leaders" plural and it was 5 marks, so I wasn't sure.

Yeah, some people in my school were confused about that too. I mentioned MLK and the bus boycotts, nobel peace prize etc, but i didn't mention anyone else. Some people also brought up Camillo Torres as well, but I didn't know much about him so i just went into a lot of detail about MLK.
Original post by plex-
Yeah, some people in my school were confused about that too. I mentioned MLK and the bus boycotts, nobel peace prize etc, but i didn't mention anyone else. Some people also brought up Camillo Torres as well, but I didn't know much about him so i just went into a lot of detail about MLK.

I briefly and very briefly talked about ghandi. Ugh hope I can make it up in the second paper, I'd really like an A* in this. The grade boundaries are so high though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ScienceFantatic
I briefly and very briefly talked about ghandi. Ugh hope I can make it up in the second paper, I'd really like an A* in this. The grade boundaries are so high though

Don't panic, it's usually around 70/76 for an A*, so you're fine to drop a couple of marks here and there.
Reply 5
Original post by plex-
Don't panic, it's usually around 70/76 for an A*, so you're fine to drop a couple of marks here and there.

im dead then, the 5 markers vexed me so i didn't finish the last 6 marker. i also did the first 4 topics
I didn't do too good :frown:
I managed to finish the paper this time though, unlike the other 2 mocks I had for it.
But I panicked at some questions and starting repeating the same quote for different questions.
The marker can probably tell which bits I started rushing and panicking because my handwriting began to go really big and sloppy.
I hope I do okay. I don't think I'd get less than a C though.
Reply 7
Original post by ropaopa
im dead then, the 5 markers vexed me so i didn't finish the last 6 marker. i also did the first 4 topics

You can always bring it back in the philosophy paper!
Just make sure you get some adequate notes sorted and you spend no more than 22.5 minutes on each question (better for 22 mins for 2 mins checking at the end)
Reply 8
Original post by TraceyDeSanta
I didn't do too good :frown:
I managed to finish the paper this time though, unlike the other 2 mocks I had for it.
But I panicked at some questions and starting repeating the same quote for different questions.
The marker can probably tell which bits I started rushing and panicking because my handwriting began to go really big and sloppy.
I hope I do okay. I don't think I'd get less than a C though.

It's fine to repeat teachings! Don't stress out; just forget your mistakes and concentrate on whatever you have next :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by plex-
You can always bring it back in the philosophy paper!
Just make sure you get some adequate notes sorted and you spend no more than 22.5 minutes on each question (better for 22 mins for 2 mins checking at the end)

that's true, thank you. i'm not used to revising for Ethics, i find it hard to revise for it. however i will have to revise for the next paper.
I also talked about ghandi and some of the things I mentioned include:
Made marriages legal in South Africa
Removed cast system
Salt March
Wore a loin torn cloth
Peaceful protests
Will that be ok? What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am sorry. I have no done it yet.

Quick Reply

Latest