Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am very much struggling in my gcse computer science controlled assessment(AQA) atm!!
    could anyone provide me with some help please?
    It would be really helpful...
    I have been looking for help all over the internet but I couldn't find anything sadly.
    It would be great if anyone can help me!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skills0786)
    Hello,
    I am very much struggling in my gcse computer science controlled assessment(AQA) atm!!
    could anyone provide me with some help please?
    It would be really helpful...
    I have been looking for help all over the internet but I couldn't find anything sadly.
    It would be great if anyone can help me!
    Thank you!
    Can you give me more context? What task are you doing and what is the specification? (Maths Quiz, Addressbook, Password, Encryption task etc)
    I've finished my controlled assessment and would be happy to lead you in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyberJake)
    Can you give me more context? What task are you doing and what is the specification? (Maths Quiz, Addressbook, Password, Encryption task etc)
    I've finished my controlled assessment and would be happy to lead you in the right direction.
    First of all, thank you so much for ur offer of help.
    My task is scenario 4 - traditional application - population model for greenflies
    Im mostly struggling with what to include, how much I have to write and how to lay it out.
    I really don't know where to get started!
    Especially the psuedocode!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skills0786)
    First of all, thank you so much for ur offer of help.
    My task is scenario 4 - traditional application - population model for greenflies
    Im mostly struggling with what to include, how much I have to write and how to lay it out.
    I really don't know where to get started!
    Especially the psuedocode!
    Alright, well - I don't really know about that Scenario, if you could put the specification I'd be happy to help lead you in the correct direction.

As for Pseudocode, the whole idea arond it is like a more simple version of code, of which can be interpreted or understood by anyone.

Something like print("Hello TSR!" in Python would translate to PRINT or OUTPUT Hello TSR in Pseudocode, it doesn't really have any set form or standard but some things appear a lot:
    INPUT - User inputs something
    OUTPUT - Something gets printed
    WHILE - Looping
    FOR - Count
    IF - If statement
    ELSE - Else statement

eg.
    Code:
    OUTPUT "Do you like TSR?"
    INPUT - User answers here
    STORE to USERANSWER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyberJake)
    Alright, well - I don't really know about that Scenario, if you could put the specification I'd be happy to help lead you in the correct direction.

As for Pseudocode, the whole idea arond it is like a more simple version of code, of which can be interpreted or understood by anyone.

Something like print("Hello TSR!" in Python would translate to PRINT or OUTPUT Hello TSR in Pseudocode, it doesn't really have any set form or standard but some things appear a lot:
    INPUT - User inputs something
    OUTPUT - Something gets printed
    WHILE - Looping
    FOR - Count
    IF - If statement
    ELSE - Else statement

eg.
    Code:
    OUTPUT "Do you like TSR?"
    INPUT - User answers here
    STORE to USERANSWER
    If I was able to give you the exact scenario will you be able to help?

ReputationRep:
    can you plz help me as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadeq0)
    can you plz help me as well?
    Make a new thread and specify what you need help in.

No one is going to do your coursework for you, also, idk if asking for help to a person on the internet is against exam guidelines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)

No one is going to do your coursework for you, also, idk if asking for help to a person on the internet is against exam guidelines.
    Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebeastfromthe)
    Thanks for the reply
    Thanks for the reply
    aren't controlled assessments marks being voided anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4cc4n4)
    aren't controlled assessments marks being voided anyway?
    This was posted last academic year so s'all pointless now

ReputationRep:
    This was posted last academic year so s'all pointless now
    I was talking mostly about the new lazy one
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i programmed the ocr computer science coursework quiz task in 3 different languages for fun lol pm me i dont mind helping students learn code

ReputationRep:
    All NEA tasks are now nearly cancelled. Teachees stopping them in class so no need to worry now. Official cancellation 8 Jan 2018.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Peterpanpipes2)
    All NEA tasks are now nearly cancelled. Teachees stopping them in class so no need to worry now. Official cancellation 8 Jan 2018.
    ‘Cancellation’ is misleading - in all Ofqual’s scenarios, candidates would have to finish the NEA regardless.

However, it may not be marked as part of the GCSE or at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)

i only need help with the design

ReputationRep:
    Ask teacher to stop them for now until 8 Jan. It looks like they cancelled or will not count in gcse so you can just ignore it and work on theiry.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.