Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 year old and 31 year old. both females Watch

ReputationRep:
    is this weird? i have been speaking to her for about 2 and half months now and weve met twice. We are so honest with each other, very open and we just click. Ive been honest with my mum about it and she really doesnt support this due to the age gap which i and the woman ive been speaking to completely understand. The woman also had the same problem with the age but as weve got closer and feelings have grown its became less of a problem. My mum wants me to cut all contact with this woman and thinks it is wrong. What should i do? Does age really matter if we are both happy? We dont always see each other either as she lives 90 mins away from me. What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    Err sort of. It's just two people at very different stages in life and I question the compatibility of such a relationship, regardless of genders involved.

ReputationRep:
    so would you say this is wrong? Our feelings have grown so strong though. Whats should i do?

idk a similar situation happened to me in the sense that a guy at work (idk his age I think he's like 29) gets on really well with me (17) and I have started to develop feelings for him and the very few people I have mentioned it to have actually been okay with it and don't find it weird at all. My parents are 15 years apart and have been married for 18 years! I think it just depends, it is an awkward time for you as you may want to move around the country to go to uni or get work or whatever so it completely depends on you and the woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    idk a similar situation happened to me in the sense that a guy at work (idk his age I think he's like 29) gets on really well with me (17) and I have started to develop feelings for him and the very few people I have mentioned it to have actually been okay with it and don't find it weird at all. My parents are 15 years apart and have been married for 18 years! I think it just depends, it is an awkward time for you as you may want to move around the country to go to uni or get work or whatever so it completely depends on you and the woman.
    It is totally an awkward time but we have both expressed how strong our feelings are and want to know more about each other. I have spoken to others about it and they dont find it weird at all, its just my mum who does and i do get why. Should i wait until im 18 to progress things further or?? i dont know i feel like i want to know her more but im stuck between is this wrong?

(Original post by Jonesyyyy_)
    It is totally an awkward time but we have both expressed how strong our feelings are and want to know more about each other. I have spoken to others about it and they dont find it weird at all, its just my mum who does and i do get why. Should i wait until im 18 to progress things further or?? i dont know i feel like i want to know her more but im stuck between is this wrong?
    I totally get feeling like it is wrong. The guy I was talking about before, his best mate is dating a girl I used to go to choir with. She's 18 and he's 28. It feels weird but the important thing is that they are happy!!! They have been dating for nearly a year now and they are so happy. I find my feelings for this guy to be super weird cause it feels to big an age gap but if you feel comfortable around her then surely, at the end of the day, that's what matters.

I mean, it does depends when you turn 18, if it is soonish, like 6 months or less, then you could progress further if you were both 100% comfortable happy and consented.

If it's more than that then just enjoy each others company for now, and just give everything time. Have fun with it and try and understand (or talk to her) that this may not work out long term due to the timing, but close friends is always an option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonesyyyy_)
    is this weird? i have been speaking to her for about 2 and half months now and weve met twice. We are so honest with each other, very open and we just click. Ive been honest with my mum about it and she really doesnt support this due to the age gap which i and the woman ive been speaking to completely understand. The woman also had the same problem with the age but as weve got closer and feelings have grown its became less of a problem. My mum wants me to cut all contact with this woman and thinks it is wrong. What should i do? Does age really matter if we are both happy? We dont always see each other either as she lives 90 mins away from me. What do i do?
    Personally go what's good for you. Sod what everyone else thinks, all love is equal.
    Your mum is discriminating against lovers? but why???
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Err sort of. It's just two people at very different stages in life and I question the compatibility of such a relationship, regardless of genders involved.
    As all the pedo's say

"age is just a number"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    As all the pedo's say

"age is just a number"
    Prison is just a room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Prison is just a room.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.