Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in 5th year and planned on taking 3 advanced highers in 6th year (math, biology and chemistry) however, my year head is making me take one more subject (Higher RMPS) because apparently we have to take 4 subjects even though I only need three. What should I do? Also I want to do medicine and only need 2 advanced highers but I feel like I can do three and Rmps is just going to be extra stress Can I do anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    Why do they want you to do 4? Seems silly if your offer will only require 3 subjects

Remember that your head of year can't make you do anything. Explain why 3 would be sufficient and if they're still being difficult ask your parents to talk to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghotay)
    Why do they want you to do 4? Seems silly if your offer will only require 3 subjects

Remember that your head of year can't make you do anything. Explain why 3 would be sufficient and if they're still being difficult ask your parents to talk to them
    Actually you only really need 2 advanced highers but I want to do 3 because it'll just be useful rather than do Rmps which would just be a waste of time. I spoke to her today and she said I had to and would be down on my timetable to do Rmps so I'm not sure what she meant... I think she meant that I didn't have to turn up or have to do volunteering etc for 6 periods instead. It doesn't make sense to me considering that lots of kids in Scotland are going to be doing advanced higher with no problem I'll just get my dad to speak to her thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.