Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I be thinking? Made long story short. watch

ReputationRep:
    19 year old boy from Essex. So I've been texting this girl for like 2 months now. We're both in the middle of our A levels. We have a not so great past where last year we fell out over a conflict of interest. We have since re kindled. Basically we text everyday and she knows how I feel abut her as I told her I would like something more and stuff when we finish exams. She's lives in Essex too so it works out . We have met since but the last few times she had flaked out due to her being sick. We then rescheduled and she flaked for the same reason. She's been acting kind of strange and when she flaked the last time I told her to leave it. She then said that she wanted to hang out but exams are top priority and that she dosnet want us to go apart. But she's still acting strange after saying this and won't reply for hours. is she stringing me along?

ReputationRep:
    I assume she's busy revising...
    Besides you should maybe just wait till exam season is over. She doesn't really need extra stress and neither do you. So maybe just agree to talk about it properly afterwards. You know, when emotions aren't clouded by the irritating nature of Alevels.

ReputationRep:
    To me, this sounds like you are putting a lot of effort and not getting much in return, if so i would just try to end whatever is going on with her now, because the constant use of the 'sick' excuse (even if she wasn't sick) shows that she isn't trusting enough to tell you what could really be going on (through no fault of your own) and it seems like that is what you are wanting from this, so in short it seems like she is stringing you along.

I hope I haven't overstepped the mark, sorry if I have but this is what I would do in your situation.

Hope this helps and good luck with her.

(Original post by Jakegausden)
    To me, this sounds like you are putting a lot of effort and not getting much in return, if so i would just try to end whatever is going on with her now, because the constant use of the 'sick' excuse (even if she wasn't sick) shows that she isn't trusting enough to tell you what could really be going on (through no fault of your own) and it seems like that is what you are wanting from this, so in short it seems like she is stringing you along.

I hope I haven't overstepped the mark, sorry if I have but this is what I would do in your situation.

Hope this helps and good luck with her.
    Yeah thanks it's great advice. I know she was sick for a fact and she agreed to meet in a weeks time. We met up earlier in the year and she said she wouldn't want anything until after exams. Maybe I am overthinking...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.