Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have gone vegetarian for a week now but I'm feeling hungary all the time Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any vegetarians out there experience this? It's like meat is the only thing that keeps me full for long

ReputationRep:
    i was a bit like this for the first week but quorn and meat substitutes are a godsend - go into any big supermarket and there will be a vegetarian frozen section with about everything you could imagine in, just meat-free. today i had meat-free chicken burgers (not very interesting but i was craving it haha)
    they also have meat free minced beef, sausage rolls, paella, meatballs.... literally everything.
    they're also healthier sources of protein but you don't feel like you're missing out.

because you're probably withdrawing from having a lot of protein you will feel a bit tired until your body adjusts (2-ish weeks), but it gets easier. just get your protein other places

ReputationRep:
    Norway! My sister's currently trying to be vegan and she's experiencing the same thing. Ukraine try adding protein into your diet through other sources (beans, lentils, quorn, etc) as that's probably the issue...or maybe you're not consuming enough calories..

(Sorry :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I found it hard, perhaps you could try being a pescatarian so you don't have meat but still fish because it's a really healthy source of protein and keeps me full. When I tried being a vegetarian I couldn't do it cause I started feeling ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Norway! My sister's currently trying to be vegan and she's experiencing the same thing. Ukraine try adding protein into your diet through other sources (beans, lentils, quorn, etc) as that's probably the issue...or maybe you're not consuming enough calories..

Oman! Kenya give the OP a break? Maybe she just needs a bit more time - no need to Russia! She just wants to Czech out what being a vegetarian is really like. I'm sure she'll start Havana better time of it soon.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find I'm hungry all the time, because of cheese and carbs. But I do often, daily, miss meat. Especially steak :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zara_ruby)
    Yeah I found it hard, perhaps you could try being a pescatarian so you don't have meat but still fish because it's a really healthy source of protein and keeps me full. When I tried being a vegetarian I couldn't do it cause I started feeling ill

Yeah this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedrake)
    i was a bit like this for the first week but quorn and meat substitutes are a godsend - go into any big supermarket and there will be a vegetarian frozen section with about everything you could imagine in, just meat-free. today i had meat-free chicken burgers (not very interesting but i was craving it haha)
    they also have meat free minced beef, sausage rolls, paella, meatballs.... literally everything.
    they're also healthier sources of protein but you don't feel like you're missing out.

because you're probably withdrawing from having a lot of protein you will feel a bit tired until your body adjusts (2-ish weeks), but it gets easier. just get your protein other places
    I get lots of frozen vegeterian meals from my local supermarket, but I finish them so quickly I miss having chicken it filled me up for hours it was the only type of meat I eat. And I wasn't aware of meat free chicken burgers! I'd try that soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Oman! Kenya give the OP a break? Maybe she just needs a bit more time - no need to Russia! She just wants to Czech out what being a vegetarian is really like. I'm sure she'll start Havana better time of it soon.
    *claps*

I was trying to be geographically close to Hungary :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)
    Any vegetarians out there experience this? It's like meat is the only thing that keeps me full for long
    Eat no fibre

rely upon universe juice for sustenance
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmmm probably eat more veggies? or maybe meat substitutes like quorn like others have suggested... maybe brown bread? stuff that takes longer to digest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)

based on this post i want u 2 carry my children

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    based on this post i want u 2 carry my children
    Based on my great knowledge of food? They will be fed well Wales you're away, don't worry :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)
    You should eat more carbs!!! They are essential in a vegetarian diet! Potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, fruit, etc.
    Thats how I stay full

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.