This discussion is closed.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Do you think it is fair that people can delete their own *threads if they pay the subscription money?

I don't. Because as well as theirs, they are deleting the input of lots of other members who would expect more respect than to have their work deleted because perhaps an argument goes the wrong way.

Yes this is in response to two long threads that were deleted recently.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am not sure those threads were deleted by subscribers but I disagree with the idea that you can.

I think it would be ok if there was less than 10 posts or so but when its 100's its very unfair on the users how have contributed to the thread.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Delete their own posts yes, but not any replies (as i previously stated i lost near 30 from a single thread being deleted). The threads which disappeared in which id taken part had been up for weeks and had hundreds of replies, so its hardly a case of posting something incorrect by mistake and taking it down as soon as possible.
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
I am not sure those threads were deleted by subscribers but I disagree with the idea that you can.

I think it would be ok if there was less than 10 posts or so but when its 100's its very unfair on the users how have contributed to the thread.
Agreed, the threads that im complaining of certainly werent started by subscribers, its down to the MODs either abusing their power or not doing their jobs correctly.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If this power was abused, it would be removed, but it hasn't, so it hasn't.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
It has, a while ago the Einstein thread which I wrote a lot of things in (and others such as rts and Jonatan) was deleted.

And if the mods deleted it, perhaps it would be a good idea for them to give a reason?
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
So i would assume - im just thinking out loud. What other possibilities are there for a thread being wrongfully deleted?
EconLou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The threads were deleted by mods not subs, so this discussion is slightly irrelevant.
EconLou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
It has, a while ago the Einstein thread which I wrote a lot of things in (and others such as rts and Jonatan) was deleted.

And if the mods deleted it, perhaps it would be a good idea for them to give a reason?
They do, it's just only the subs can see it.
I'll go find it for you if you want, who started the thread, do you know when it was deleted???
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Louise_1988)
They do, it's just only the subs can see it.
I'll go find it for you if you want, who started the thread, do you know when it was deleted???
Could you check the reason for the deletion of 'Converting to Islam', 'Islam - the worlds fastest growing religion' and 'homosexuality - a mentall illness?' please.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Could you check the reason for the deletion of 'Converting to Islam', 'Islam - the worlds fastest growing religion' and 'homosexuality - a mentall illness?' please.
Do you remember who started the threads?
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you remember who started the threads?
Green World started the thread on islam being the fastest growing religion, i cant remember the other two.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How do you work that one out?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
How do you work that one out?
Subscribers have hardly used the privelage, and never to my knowledge has a subscriber deleted a well-established thread.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Green World started the thread on islam being the fastest growing religion, i cant remember the other two.
I can't find Green World's thread so it's either been moved/hidden or deleted without trace.
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can't find Green World's thread so it's either been moved/hidden or deleted without trace.
well this is getting interesting...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Subscribers have hardly used the privelage, and never to my knowledge has a subscriber deleted a well-established thread.
Ahhh sorry, I thought you were talking about the moderators as people were saying that they deleted the threads as the thread starters were not subscribed.

As regards to subscribers - How can the power be removed after paying for it? Where does it say that they can't delete the threads they started whenever they want?

Where?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
Ahhh sorry, I thought you were talking about the moderators as people were saying that they deleted the threads as the thread starters were not subscribed.

As regards to subscribers - How can the power be removed after paying for it? Where does it say that they can't delete the threads they started whenever they want?

Where?
d could easily remove that subscriber privelage if he wanted to.

Subscribers can currently delete any of their own threads, but as I've said, no one has deleted an important one yet.
EconLou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I seem to remember the homosexuality one turned into an argument or something totally off topic, the problem is we can not see the title of the thread only the starter and reason, it's really irritating.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
d could easily remove that subscriber privelage if he wanted to.

Subscribers can currently delete any of their own threads, but as I've said, no one has deleted an important one yet.
How can he? He can't randomly do what he wants, esp. when money is involved.

Where are the terms and conditions to this payment? He can't just take people's money and then remove their privalege because they delete a thread.

Where does it say that you can't delete a thread of your own, whenever you want?

It's your thread, and you've payed for the right to do so.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (79)
21.94%
No (281)
78.06%

Watched Threads