Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it is fair that people can delete their own *threads if they pay the subscription money?

I don't. Because as well as theirs, they are deleting the input of lots of other members who would expect more respect than to have their work deleted because perhaps an argument goes the wrong way.

Yes this is in response to two long threads that were deleted recently.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure those threads were deleted by subscribers but I disagree with the idea that you can.

I think it would be ok if there was less than 10 posts or so but when its 100's its very unfair on the users how have contributed to the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Delete their own posts yes, but not any replies (as i previously stated i lost near 30 from a single thread being deleted). The threads which disappeared in which id taken part had been up for weeks and had hundreds of replies, so its hardly a case of posting something incorrect by mistake and taking it down as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    I am not sure those threads were deleted by subscribers but I disagree with the idea that you can.

I think it would be ok if there was less than 10 posts or so but when its 100's its very unfair on the users how have contributed to the thread.
    Agreed, the threads that im complaining of certainly werent started by subscribers, its down to the MODs either abusing their power or not doing their jobs correctly.

ReputationRep:
    If this power was abused, it would be removed, but it hasn't, so it hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    It has, a while ago the Einstein thread which I wrote a lot of things in (and others such as rts and Jonatan) was deleted.

And if the mods deleted it, perhaps it would be a good idea for them to give a reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    So i would assume - im just thinking out loud. What other possibilities are there for a thread being wrongfully deleted?

ReputationRep:
    The threads were deleted by mods not subs, so this discussion is slightly irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    It has, a while ago the Einstein thread which I wrote a lot of things in (and others such as rts and Jonatan) was deleted.

And if the mods deleted it, perhaps it would be a good idea for them to give a reason?
    They do, it's just only the subs can see it.
    I'll go find it for you if you want, who started the thread, do you know when it was deleted???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    They do, it's just only the subs can see it.
    I'll go find it for you if you want, who started the thread, do you know when it was deleted???
    Could you check the reason for the deletion of 'Converting to Islam', 'Islam - the worlds fastest growing religion' and 'homosexuality - a mentall illness?' please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Could you check the reason for the deletion of 'Converting to Islam', 'Islam - the worlds fastest growing religion' and 'homosexuality - a mentall illness?' please.
    Do you remember who started the threads?

ReputationRep:
    Do you remember who started the threads?
    Green World started the thread on islam being the fastest growing religion, i cant remember the other two.

ReputationRep:
    How do you work that one out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    How do you work that one out?
    Subscribers have hardly used the privelage, and never to my knowledge has a subscriber deleted a well-established thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Green World started the thread on islam being the fastest growing religion, i cant remember the other two.
    I can't find Green World's thread so it's either been moved/hidden or deleted without trace.

ReputationRep:
    I can't find Green World's thread so it's either been moved/hidden or deleted without trace.
    well this is getting interesting...

ReputationRep:
    Subscribers have hardly used the privelage, and never to my knowledge has a subscriber deleted a well-established thread.
    Ahhh sorry, I thought you were talking about the moderators as people were saying that they deleted the threads as the thread starters were not subscribed.

As regards to subscribers - How can the power be removed after paying for it? Where does it say that they can't delete the threads they started whenever they want?

Where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Ahhh sorry, I thought you were talking about the moderators as people were saying that they deleted the threads as the thread starters were not subscribed.

As regards to subscribers - How can the power be removed after paying for it? Where does it say that they can't delete the threads they started whenever they want?

Where?
    d could easily remove that subscriber privelage if he wanted to.

Subscribers can currently delete any of their own threads, but as I've said, no one has deleted an important one yet.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to remember the homosexuality one turned into an argument or something totally off topic, the problem is we can not see the title of the thread only the starter and reason, it's really irritating.

ReputationRep:
    d could easily remove that subscriber privelage if he wanted to.

Subscribers can currently delete any of their own threads, but as I've said, no one has deleted an important one yet.
    How can he? He can't randomly do what he wants, esp. when money is involved.

Where are the terms and conditions to this payment? He can't just take people's money and then remove their privalege because they delete a thread.

Where does it say that you can't delete a thread of your own, whenever you want?

It's your thread, and you've payed for the right to do so.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.