Turn on thread page Beta

Deleting Posts (debate!) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    im pleased to see you pick up on my post before those of Speciez or an Siarach.
    Tis kinda what happens when I hit to move to bottom of thread/most recent post - then I followed it up.

(Original post by Vienna95)
    bearing in mind the first paragraph and then "What won't happen, is the seeking of your permission" and then "If members have problems with decisions which they can decisively show are mine, I have space in my PM inbox (about 400 more than you) to take questions, rather than through a third party, namely yourself"

i took the remaining paragraph that you cite to be respective to all those who have threads deleted. apologies if this was not your intention, but that is what i concluded and at the very least you gravely contradict yourself.
    Granted, first paragraph does somewhat contradict the last.

Points to be raised from that PM to clarify some of the ambiguity.

The Guidelines for posting, and recent suggestions re good thread titles will help this forum greatly, the amount of views it's recieved, suggests that people should be taking it on board.
    Indeed use of Stickies and Announcements for these purposes, seems to be most effective.

"Not everything we do on the board in D&D will go through you"

Say we want to stick a new annoucement in to combat racism for example, then we'll just stick an announcement up - by all means offer any comments on wording and such, but the point was we weren't going to ask if we could put it up in the forum.

I think I've clarified whats happening with deletion policy particularly in D&D where I recognize that good debate can be lost if we're not careful, recent events have highlighted that.

My advise to users who find they have a thread deleted, is not to post on the board "Why has my thread been deleted?" and the such likes, as that will be removed, and persistancy won't pay off in this instance, as a PM warning future conduct will be sent.

Instead, PM a mod who is online, ask, in a reasonable manner, why it was deleted, and await the response. If you want Vienna posted in on the response, request it.

If big chunks of a thread are removed, there will be a notice in the thread, like I have done with a recent one in here.

The point about not going through a third party wasn't meant to be a point against yourself, just that I'd rather take questions direct from the member with an issue, than through a representative for that person.

ReputationRep:
    forgive me if i dont take these quite seriously.

- "They seem pretty straight forward to me: (Bold could justify deletion IMO)"
    well we know that doesnt really apply to everyone..

- "Be friendly, considerate, articulate, and don't swear. "

- "This is a message board, and it has no value if people conduct a conversation offline"...whats your definition of 'offline'?

"Honesty - Do not post anything that could in any way be construed as offensive"...ooh, no.

all fair enough points, but when this is the sort of thing going on, 'offline', it seems your breaking every single one.

Padfoot - "I dont know why i am posting this here, but someone asked who "don" was (rep wise) and endorf said it was tw*t subscribers who have nothing better to do then neg rep him, so i neg repped him and signed it don (i am so proud of myself ). Shame he didnt get his third gem though.

L. Huntroyde:"lol well done!"

Padfoot - "Shes full of BS, and annoys the hell out of me. I think its time the don pays her a little visit."
    "I tried to give endorf another gem (red) today, didnt work. Wasnt quite low enough"
    "ooooo i just told veinna to Shut the f*ck up. I am in for it now! :rolleyes:"

and i wouldnt have thought you would have been surprised by our concerns, when you admitted that "expression i am sorry, but did ALL those threads warrent deletion? My god it was like 30 in a row!"

http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....9&postcount=17...an absolute gem courtesy of Speciez.

http://www.uk-learning.net/t12050.html ..seems strangely familiar.

Wow vienna arent you just so clever. You argue about everything, and i am quite sure it gets on most peoples nerves. I gave endorf neg rep for calling me a tw*t, and i am sorry, but IMO opinion you totally deserved the last one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Wow vienna arent you just so clever. You argue about everything, .
    thanks. im sure alot of threads here would bear testimony to my willingness to debate rigourously in the open.

and i am quite sure it gets on most peoples nerves
    and alot of threads tucked away in the subscribers forum would probably bear testimony to your reluctance to admit this in an equally open and civilised manner.

ReputationRep:
    thanks. im sure alot of threads here would bear testimony to my willingness to debate rigourously in the open.

and alot of threads tucked away in the subscribers forum would probably bear testimony to your reluctance to admit this in an equally open and civilised manner.
    It find 2 main things about this arguement very amusing:
    1: You complain about the rift but i dont see how there can be any question that by doing all this you are making it much much worse.
    2: All you do is point out the bad. You havent said a word about the "Members you like" thread or the ones about wanting to move on after all this. Quite selective if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Thread Closure Notice

Main issues in this debate have been resolved between the members who are capable of taking a step back and seeing where there were faults.

THREAD CLOSED - Protection of the Peace

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.