Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nan Siarich)
    So it would seem. Im told i was banned by Expression, who isnt a mod on this board (if i understand the way it works correctly) so i dont really understand what motive he would have.
    It doesn't work like that, all mods work on all the forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    It doesn't work like that, all mods work on all the forums.
    Either way i dont see what cause he could have to ban me.

ReputationRep:
    As I understand it, some of the threads complaining about threads being deleted were deleted simply becuase thre were so many of them - only one is needed.

ReputationRep:
    Either way i dont see what cause he could have to ban me.
    Have you tried PMing him?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried PMing him?
    Yes, he has yet to come online however.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he has yet to come online however.
    do keep us informed..
    this would appear to be totally unacceptable.
    im also concerned by the 'reasons' he provided for deletion, that were subsequently posted onto the forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    do keep us informed..
    im also concerned by the 'reasons' he provided for deletion, that were subsequently posted onto the forum.
    They are rathr inexcusable, I must admit.

ReputationRep:
    do keep us informed..
    My bans been lifted, thanks to Rahaydenuk for lifting it.

ReputationRep:
    do keep us informed..
    A list of threads, which were deleted without just cause would be useful please. It appears a certain mod hasn't just soft-deleted these threads but has physically deleted them, making them pretty much impossible to get back. I can't understand why such threads such as the legendary 'Converting to Islam' thread and the like were deleted, and am currently conducting an investigation.

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    A list of threads, which were deleted without just cause would be useful please.
    ive asked for the same thing.

and am currently conducting an investigation.
    its much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    A list of threads, which were deleted without just cause would be useful please. It appears a certain mod hasn't just soft-deleted these threads but has physically deleted them, making them pretty much impossible to get back. I can't understand why such threads such as the legendary 'Converting to Islam' thread and the like were deleted, and am currently conducting an investigation.

Regards,
    As you say Converting to Islam was the most recent big hitter, a week or two ago there was 'Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion' which was a VERY large and long running thread and was deleted, 'is homosexuality a mental illness' seems to have gone at the same time as 'Converting to Islam'. There are other threads which Jonaton,Speciez,Weejimmie and some others were involved in which disappeared as well i think. The threads which ive mostly noticed disappearing have been mainly religious in nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    As you say Converting to Islam was the most recent big hitter, a week or two ago there was 'Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion' which was a VERY large and long running thread and was deleted, 'is homosexuality a mental illness' seems to have gone at the same time as 'Converting to Islam'. There are other threads which Jonaton,Speciez,Weejimmie and some others were involved in which disappeared as well i think. The threads which ive mostly noticing disappearing seem to have been mainly religious in nature.

that is out of order, and you've always been pleasant to speak to - so i don't know why they banned you !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    that is out of order, and you've always been pleasant to speak to - so i don't know why they banned you !
    I have my discourteous moments, i cant recall one worth banning though.

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand why such large threads were deleted - if the conversation became inappropriate then certain posts could be deleted or the thread locked.

ReputationRep:

Regards,
    one further thing, if the mods want to delete, or do delete a thread, could they send me a PM and i can let the rest of the forum know whats going on. i like to think we do things a little better in here

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand why such large threads were deleted - if the conversation became inappropriate then certain posts could be deleted or the thread locked.
    If it's just the size why not delete the football thread in the General Chat section?

ReputationRep:
    QUESTION TIME

(Original post by UKL Person A)
    Where did the Enstein threads go?
    Two seperate threads on the topic were deleted by the original poster, due to other members being upable to keep the threads on topic.
    That member got peeved at this and removed them at his own discretion.

(Original post by UKL Person B)
    Why did threads on "Deletion of Threads" get deleted ? Doesn't this just prove our point ?
    Because three threads appears within 2 minutes of eachother (no doubt those members had all thought the same thing at the time), so rather than flood the board with the same thing, this may as well have been condensed into one thread, the one that exists at present.

(Original post by UKL Person C)
    Why are UKL moderators inconsistant with their moderation of the D & D forum ? We get some racist/homophobic/offensive stuff that doesn't get removed for quite some time.
    That would be down to the popularity of the Debate forum, with the quick refreshing of the posts - it becomes impossible to keep up with everything on here, whilest dealing with the rest of the UKL board - and so we rely on a little help from you lot by using the red warning triangle on each post to report a post, so that it brings attention to the thread - otherwise we will assume that all is quite cushy.

(Original post by UKL Person D)
    Why were threads on Islam / Homosexuality: A Mental Illness? removed?
    Are we no longer allowed to discuss religion and sexuality on UKL?
    Both of these we established threads that unfortunately had become contaminated by racist and homophobic views - the intention of myself was to "soft delete" them at the early hour, remove the poor content, and then restore them to allow posting. A misguided mouse click/tab button press unfortunately removed the two of them.

Apologies for lost post counts, and the two discussions being lost, both of which, other than some of the lousy content recently, were making interesting debates, hopefully their successors will prove as interesting reading.

ReputationRep:
    can i say that i dont particuarly want threads to disappear because they contain a couple of racist or homophobic posts. reprimand the poster, not the forum.

ReputationRep:
    can i say that i dont particuarly want threads to disappear because they contain a couple of racist or homophobic posts. reprimand the poster, not the forum.
    Yeah, and you've said it, so now I have no choice

The THREADS didn't disappear because of racist/homophobic posts, the intention was to temporarily remove them from public eye so that lots of bad POSTS could be removed before someone replied to them, meaning they appear in a quote tag etc etc.

The thread would have, after maintainence, which when no posting is going off in the thread, takes about 15 minutes, been put back on view, open, and cleaned.

All seems fair enough at the early hour of the morning that we were talking about when posting reduces drastically.

The only thing that went wrong in that plan was that I hit the wrong radio button, and it resulted in deleting the thread permanently - and then all hell breaks loose - now at 2.30 AM, I wasn't going to post a reason - thought best to wait and let everyone (including me) get some rest before people starting saying anything rash !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Yeah, and you've said it, so now I have no choice
    sorry?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.