Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Im not sure if this would be applicable here but on another forum i know of they have a seperate subforum for 'unhappy' posts where any antagonistic/angry threads are sent from the other sub forums, i think this would be a better method than simply erasing the threads entirely.
    Just moving a thread doesnt make it any more acceptable. If it is against UKL rules, then it should be deleted. Simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Just moving a thread doesnt make it any more acceptable. If it is against UKL rules, then it should be deleted. Simple as that.
    or 'deleted' to the subscribers forum. Ollie seems to think thats ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    We don't get to see deleted threads, or at least I never have.

ReputationRep:
    This happened with only one thread and that was regarding Dazya, You seem to have a very twisted view about things.

ReputationRep:
    How can it be as simple as that when UKL rules are not very specific?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    This happened with only one thread and that was regarding Dazya, You seem to have a very twisted view about things.
    what was the title of this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    How can it be as simple as that when UKL rules are not very specific?
    They seem pretty straight forward to me: (Bold could justify deletion IMO)
    Be friendly, considerate, articulate, and don't swear.
    Don't ask people to send you work.
    Please don't ask people to email you. This is a message board, and it has no value if people conduct a conversation offline.
    If you have a question, try and be specific. The likelihood of receiving a helpful response diminishes if one needs to ask the poster for further clarification. It is thus in your own interests to elaborate upon a request for help.
    Spell Correctly- Try not to litter your postings with errors.
    Also, TRY NT T WRT N TXT LNGGE WTH VWLS STRPPED T.
    Try googling before you ask a question
    No Spam! - Please report a post if it looks spammy
    Legality and Honesty - Do not post anything that could in any way be construed as offensive, illicit or defamatory.

ReputationRep:
    They seem pretty straight forward to me: (Bold could justify deletion IMO)
    Be friendly, considerate, articulate, and don't swear.
    Don't ask people to send you work.
    Please don't ask people to email you. This is a message board, and it has no value if people conduct a conversation offline.
    If you have a question, try and be specific. The likelihood of receiving a helpful response diminishes if one needs to ask the poster for further clarification. It is thus in your own interests to elaborate upon a request for help.
    Spell Correctly- Try not to litter your postings with errors.
    Also, TRY NT T WRT N TXT LNGGE WTH VWLS STRPPED T.
    Try googling before you ask a question
    No Spam! - Please report a post if it looks spammy
    Legality and Honesty - Do not post anything that could in any way be construed as offensive, illicit or defamatory.

forgive me if i dont take these quite seriously.

- "They seem pretty straight forward to me: (Bold could justify deletion IMO)"
    well we know that doesnt really apply to everyone..

- "Be friendly, considerate, articulate, and don't swear. "

- "This is a message board, and it has no value if people conduct a conversation offline"...whats your definition of 'offline'?

"Honesty - Do not post anything that could in any way be construed as offensive"...ooh, no.

all fair enough points, but when this is the sort of thing going on, 'offline', it seems your breaking every single one.

Padfoot - "I dont know why i am posting this here, but someone asked who "don" was (rep wise) and endorf said it was tw*t subscribers who have nothing better to do then neg rep him, so i neg repped him and signed it don (i am so proud of myself ). Shame he didnt get his third gem though.

L. Huntroyde:"lol well done!"

Padfoot - "Shes full of BS, and annoys the hell out of me. I think its time the don pays her a little visit."
    "I tried to give endorf another gem (red) today, didnt work. Wasnt quite low enough"
    "ooooo i just told veinna to Shut the f*ck up. I am in for it now! :rolleyes:"

and i wouldnt have thought you would have been surprised by our concerns, when you admitted that "expression i am sorry, but did ALL those threads warrent deletion? My god it was like 30 in a row!"

http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....9&postcount=17...an absolute gem courtesy of Speciez.

http://www.uk-learning.net/t12050.html ..seems strangely familiar.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But non-public polls are incredibly unreliable
    Heres a good public one. http://www.uk-learning.net/t52892.html

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....9&postcount=17...an absolute gem courtesy of Speciez.
    Two things: is there a seperate set of rules of forum 51 we haven't seen?
    and funny how views change once you become a mod

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Two things: is there a seperate set of rules of forum 51 we haven't seen?
    and funny how views change once you become a mod
    From what I've seen of it it appears that way. They also get info that we as the common members don't get unless we go beyond oursleves.

ReputationRep:
    Now that really is interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    From what I've seen of it it appears that way. They also get info that we as the common members don't get unless we go beyond oursleves.
    We don't get any extra info

ReputationRep:
    Now that really is interesting.
    Not really, an anonymous poll cannot be trusted - someone could have registered new accounts to vote several times - that poll cannot be relied upon to reflect members' opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, an anonymous poll cannot be trusted - someone could have registered new accounts to vote several times - that poll cannot be relied upon to reflect members' opinions.
    Whereas with public polls you get the likes of:

(Original post by Louise1988)
    Also i don't think it was a good idea to make the poll public, if I had realised i don't think I would have so openly gone against the majority.
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    The point being raised is that Expression's moderation has come under alot of critisim in the past so maybe we should come to expect "mistakes" like the ones we saw the other day.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you were to ignore the poll, the very fact it was posted should speak for itself.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you were to ignore the poll, the very fact it was posted should speak for itself.
    and multiple times
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t9416.html

ReputationRep:
    Whereas with public polls you get the likes of:

Indeed.
    maybe, but an anonymous poll cannot be trusted at all, for all we know all the voters in that poll were one post wonders.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.