Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But again only those who used the debate forum voted, which is hardly representative of the whole forum.
    I couldnt give a toss about what happens in the rest of the forum most of the time and if only changes are implimented in the D+D forum that would be fine with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    both are aware of the actions of each, both will come in for critcism when they try and deny the evidence laid before them, and ignore all request for open debate on moderating procedure respectively.
    The subs are nothing like the mods, we have no power over the running of this forum.

The subs and mods are certainly not in cahoots, as it were.

ReputationRep:
    But as he said he merely meant to delete the contested thread temporarily and then delete the offensive posts before reinstating the threads.
    So he says, however these threads were not all deleted at the same time, they were deleted one by one by one. Also other prominent threads have been disappearing over the last few weeks, not just the batch that went in the last couple of days. Also as has been highlighted earlier in the thread, there have been previous complaints of his locking/deleting threads without cause so we can either conclude that he has no capacity to learn from his mistakes whatsoever or that hes consciously doing what he should not.

ReputationRep:
    But again only those who used the debate forum voted, which is hardly representative of the whole forum.
    you may be aware that we only ever applied our arguments primarily to the workings and contributions of the D+D forum. Jonatan opened this up for the poll, but we appreciated that each forum is different and this was the basis for our requests. rquests that have not been given any response by any moderator to any of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    I couldnt give a toss about what happens in the rest of the forum most of the time and if only changes are implimented in the D+D forum that would be fine with me
    But it's not just about the D&D forum, or just you, is it? The D&D forum is only a very small part of the forum as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    Then why are most of them taking it so personally that we would like to see more efficient, more capable moderating on the board?

ReputationRep:
    Why ban racists? They hold a view point, do they not?
    we will be specific, members like wildamerican (altho someone might of finally gotten round to banning him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    So he says, however these threads were not all deleted at the same time, they were deleted one by one by one. Also other prominent threads have been disappearing over the last few weeks, not just the batch that went in the last couple of days. Also as has been highlighted earlier in the thread, there have been previous complaints of his locking/deleting threads without cause so we can either conclude that he has no capacity to learn from his mistakes whatsoever or that hes consciously doing what he should not.
    The previous complaints were from members who were no better than trolls and Expression gave his reasons for those, that was when the forum was very different.

Of course the threads were deleted one by one - how else would he do it?

ReputationRep:
    The subs are nothing like the mods, we have no power over the running of this forum.
    that was not suggested.

the moderators not only were aware of what was going in the subscriber forum but they aided and participated in the charade.

ReputationRep:
    Then why are most of them taking it so personally that we would like to see more efficient, more capable moderating on the board?
    Probably because most of the subs are older members and often know the mods better than most amd becuase we have a better idea of the amount of work they do.

ReputationRep:
    Why ban racists? They hold a view point, do they not?
    I agree. However its hypocritical to delete threads as a result of offensive posting without banning the offensive poster, surely all that achieves is the continued spread of offensive material which puts even more threads at risk. I dont see how they can consider somebodies posts offensive enough to delete yet they take no action against the individual.

ReputationRep:
    the moderators not only were aware of what was going in the subscriber forum but they aided and participated in the charade.
    How?

ReputationRep:
    I agree. However its hypocritical to delete threads as a result of offensive posting without banning the offensive poster, surely all that achieves is the continued spread of offensive material which puts even more threads at risk. I dont see how they can consider somebodies posts offensive enough to delete yet they take no action against the individual.
    For some posters only an IP ban will stop them, a normal ban will only block their account and so they'll register a new one - there's no point in that.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone take all this so seriously?! It's only an internet forum - so a thread was deleted by accident and you lost a few (or many) posts, that's a shame but hardly the end of the world! I'm sure you can remember something of what was being discussed at the time of the deletion: why doesn't someone just start a new thread to carry on the discussion? Or is everyone so desperately worried about post counts that the discussion doesn't matter any more?

As for subscribers being able to delete their own threads - no, I'd agree that this isn't fair as it allows perfectly good discussions to be terminated for no good reason. However, we don't have control over the rules; but I'd hope that the majority of the subscribers would have the good manners not to do it unless completely necessary.

And finally - you guys who can't see the subscribers' forum, please take what vienna posts about its content with a small pinch of salt :rolleyes: Yes, she's copying and pasting but there is such a thing as careful editing and also many of the posts are taken entirely out of context. And sometimes people need to let off steam. vienna, much as I respect you as a frequent opponent, would you please get off your high horse about this?!

Rant over

ReputationRep:
    theyre just upset, for the obvious reasons.

"Friends, we have to be weary of any new subscribers, until they pass our honesty initiation test they are not one of us! We never know who they are, we don't want any journalists or other such riff-raff mooching around trying to find a story on our secret forum!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    vienna, much as I respect you as a frequent opponent, would you please get off your high horse about this?!
    no.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's the main point - at the end of the day, it's only a forum, if a thread is deleted, by accident or not, start a new one.

It's silly to start a hate campaign against other members.

ReputationRep:
    The previous complaints were from members who were no better than trolls and Expression gave his reasons for those, that was when the forum was very different.

Of course the threads were deleted one by one - how else would he do it?
    Well two points: i notice Sire dedicated a thread to 'mr. white' who by all accounts was a rather prominent member of the forum, also seems to have a consider post count so i doubt he could be considered a troll and he happened to put up one of the polls complaining about Expression.
    My point about the threads being deleted one by one is that Expression states:

(Original post by Expression)
    . One too many clicks of the tab key meant it got deleted permanently
    So apparently he hit the tab key too often once, then twice, then thrice...as i say, its either a ridiculous capacity to not learn from your mistakes/for carelessness or its deliberate.

ReputationRep:
    How?
    moving deleted posts to the subscriber forum, using deleted posts for comments, enjoying the misfortune of those being systematically neg repped time and time again for 'a laugh'.

ReputationRep:
    theyre just upset, for the obvious reasons.

"Friends, we have to be weary of any new subscribers, until they pass our honesty initiation test they are not one of us! We never know who they are, we don't want any journalists or other such riff-raff mooching around trying to find a story on our secret forum!"
    That quote is a joke from the P2 fiasco time.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.