Deleting Posts (debate!) Watch

This discussion is closed.
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
But it's not just about the D&D forum, or just you, is it? The D&D forum is only a very small part of the forum as a whole.
Lets get this straight, I think its safe to think that the majority of the D+D forum is unhappy with the moderation over recent weeks. This is a particular problem, therefore it needs a particular solution.

We have also raised the issue that the moderation in the subscribers forum and that as part of an overall rethink towards modding that would need to be considered. Subscribers being allowed to frankly ***** about other users behind their back unchecked is not acceptable.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
moving deleted posts to the subscriber forum, using deleted posts for comments, enjoying the misfortune of those being systematically neg repped time and time again for 'a laugh'.
Threads were only moved to HSSF becuase they often involved subscribers. One of the privelages of our £5
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no.
Lol, OK :rolleyes:
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

It's silly to start a hate campaign against other members.
perhaps you should go and check out the 'vienna' thread on your subscriber forum and then come back and lecture us about our legitimate criticism.
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think that's the main point - at the end of the day, it's only a forum, if a thread is deleted, by accident or not, start a new one.

It's silly to start a hate campaign against other members.
You of course would not even blink an eyelid if a thread to which you had dedicated weeks of time was deleted without apparent cause, and you were then banned for questioning the cause of its demise.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
Lets get this straight, I think its safe to think that the majority of the D+D forum is unhappy with the moderation over recent weeks. This is a particular problem, therefore it needs a particular solution.

We have also raised the issue that the moderation in the subscribers forum and that as part of an overall rethink towards modding that would need to be considered. Subscribers being allowed to frankly ***** about other users behind their back unchecked is not acceptable.
Again, these are the views of an overwhelming minority.

If some users didn't ***** in the HSSF, they'd ***** by PM. Give people a private place and it will happen, human nature.

Most people don't care about the HSSF, I don't see why so many of you do.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
perhaps you should go and check out the 'vienna' thread on your subscriber forum and then come back and lecture us about our legitimate criticism.
I do not condone that, but then again, I didn't participate in that, did I?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
You of course would not even blink an eyelid if a thread to which you had dedicated weeks of time was deleted without apparent cause, and you were then banned for questioning the cause of its demise.
No, it has happened to me in the past, just carry on.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Why does everyone take all this so seriously?! It's only an internet forum - so a thread was deleted by accident and you lost a few (or many) posts, that's a shame but hardly the end of the world! I'm sure you can remember something of what was being discussed at the time of the deletion: why doesn't someone just start a new thread to carry on the discussion? Or is everyone so desperately worried about post counts that the discussion doesn't matter any more?
I am worried that in future after putting 30 or so comments onto a thread that it will be deleted without reason. Its not the number but the value of the things that concerns me. For example on the "is homosexuality is a mental illness thread" we had just conered calumc and then the whole thread gets deleted, its very irriatating when that happens.
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No, it has happened to me in the past, just carry on.
Why should we just carry on ? i dont see why abuse of power combined with incompetence should be accepted. Why should anyone bother to take part in any thread while knowing that it could be deleted without need at any time.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am worried that in future after putting 30 or so comments onto a thread that it will be deleted without reason. Its not the number but the value of the things that concerns me. For example on the "is homosexuality is a mental illness thread" we had just conered calumc and then the whole thread gets deleted, its very irriatating when that happens.
But how important is it really? The discussion is all that matters - would you complain if week or month old threads were deleted?
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Again, these are the views of an overwhelming minority.
why is are there 30+ comments disagreeing with this then?
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But how important is it really? The discussion is all that matters - would you complain if week or month old threads were deleted?
no cos then the discussions are over, its very different
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Exactly! i dont think the users who dont frequent the D&D forum can understand how irritating it is. For them the concept of losing a thread and many posts doesnt mean much, why would it? when the crux of most threads concern the type of nonsense you could read in Heat magazine or any tabloid. On the d&d forum people actually dedicate time and effort to taking part in debates so its particularly irritating to see so much effort wiped away without cause.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why should we just carry on ? i dont see why abuse of power combined with incompetence should be accepted. Why should anyone bother to take part in any thread while knowing that it could be deleted without need at any time.
It is not abuse of power - rather just a different interpretation of the job.

And genuine mistakes do not mean incompetence.

If you feel so strongly about how this forum is run maybe you should find a forum with moderation better suited to your taste?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Exactly! i dont think the users who dont frequent the D&D forum can understand how irritating it is. For them the concept of losing a thread and many posts doesnt mean much, why would it? when the crux of most threads concern the type of nonsense you could read in Heat magazine or any tabloid. On the d&d forum people actually dedicate time and effort to taking part in debates so its particularly irritating to see so much effort wiped away without cause.
Do you think the D&D forum is superior to other forums?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Back already Vienna? Any subscriber posts you wish to share to prove the conspiracy?
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No, im merely pointing out that the content of the other forums is taken less seriously by its users than on D&D, as you have doubtless noticed by now!
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we're happy with a more liberal style of moderating.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thats the best you can come up with 'if you dont like why dont you move elsewhere' the last resort of a **** in any argument.
Not really, it's true, 99% of the members have no problem with the way the forum is run, so those who do are the "misfits", so to speak.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads