I live in Student Castle York, and in the space of a couple of months, I have had two AA/AAA battery chargers break on me. Now this could be be a matter of coincidence, the first was a Duracell charger that had lasted me years but broke upon its first use in my room. The second charger, an Energiser one that beeped when there were 'bad batteries' in it started beeping after only 2 uses. One could have been old, and the other defective, but before I plug in charger no. 3 I was wondering if there were any electricians that could help me out.
You're not supposed to plug chargers into extension leads, so I am wondering if with so many rooms crammed into one building, the outlets are not true mains. The building was very quickly and shoddily built so I am wondering if there's a fault with the electrics that the devices can't account for.
Any help or simply a 'don't risk it' would be much appreciated
...or just paranoid?