Do Russel group Unis care if students retake year 12

Watch
Laura887
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So im doing my exams and they all went really badly so far. I want to study economics at uni hopefully LSE or another good university. But i know or i feel like i am going to get very poor AS grades so do good unis care if their student retake year 12 and are they at a disadvantage. (because i want to retake)
username2041985
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope, i retook year 12 and i am currently studying at a Russell Group university.
Lion467
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, it's the grades that important. Just keep working hard. You can do!
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laura887)
So im doing my exams and they all went really badly so far. I want to study economics at uni hopefully LSE or another good university. But i know or i feel like i am going to get very poor AS grades so do good unis care if their student retake year 12 and are they at a disadvantage. (because i want to retake)
Maybe for LSE - and that is a maybe, probably best to email LSE? I retook year 12 (EEUU the first time, ABC the second) and got offers from Birmingham and Cardiff.

Hope that helps
Peppercrunch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laura887)
Not that much. I know someone who resat year 12, and has got offers from KCL and Exeter to study Maths.
Not quite sure about LSE though, depends on their policy.
Laura887
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lion467)
No, it's the grades that important. Just keep working hard. You can do!
ok thanks . i am more reassured.
Laura887
Rep:
?
i have one more question my school is very strict so lets say i get BEDU would my school allow me to retake year 12
Lion467
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I don't see why not, you could retake the EDU subjects but continue with the B subject. It's up to you unless your school say you need 4 D's minimum to continue, in which case they may say no. Definitely talk to your teachers though. Go through mark schemes they are literally gold
toetothunder
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am also retaking year 12. However, I carried one of my subjects from last year over to this year and will be sitting the A2 exam while my other subjects are AS'. Will the unis count the A2? so if I get an A in my A2, and get an ABB offer do I only need 2 B's as I already have the A?
Lion467
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, the A still counts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
62.08%
I don't have everything I need (91)
37.92%

Watched Threads