Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently repeating year 12, but doing different subjects from the ones I did last year, with the exception of psychology. I got a B in my AS and am hoping to get an A in my A2. When applying for uni will this grade count? for example, if I have an AAB offer does this mean I only need one more A and one more B next year from my other 3 subjects? I'm very confused
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by toetothunder)
    I am currently repeating year 12, but doing different subjects from the ones I did last year, with the exception of psychology. I got a B in my AS and am hoping to get an A in my A2. When applying for uni will this grade count? for example, if I have an AAB offer does this mean I only need one more A and one more B next year from my other 3 subjects? I'm very confused
    It depends on the university you are applying to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It depends on the university you are applying to.
    I'm looking to apply to unis in the top 20's for law, most likely russel groups. Will they count the A2?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm looking to apply to unis in the top 20's for law, most likely russel groups. Will they count the A2?
    I think unis are a bit on the strict side when it comes to law degrees so I wouldn't rely on it.

ReputationRep:
    I think unis are a bit on the strict side when it comes to law degrees so I wouldn't rely on it.
    So there was no point carrying on with the A2?

ReputationRep:
    You've confused me
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    So there was no point carrying on with the A2?
    From what I can understand they could want a levels sat across just 2 years rather than 3, your best bet is to email the admissions of each one to get a straight answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    You've confused me
    haha sorry, I'll try again: so last year I took 3 science subjects and psychology but completely hated the sciences, so now im redoing the year with 3 different subjects but I still do psychology as I got a B at AS. I;m sitting my A2 exam this year while my other 3 subjects are AS. If I get an A in psychology and I get a uni offer of ABB for example, does this mean I only need 2 B's as I would already have an A?

Hope thats clearer lol

ReputationRep:
    From what I can understand they could want a levels sat across just 2 years rather than 3, your best bet is to email the admissions of each one to get a straight answer.
    Ok, I'll do that thanks, not sure how I would word the email though lol. Hopefully its fine because they are technically sat across 2years, as I changed the subjects from last year, so even though in total it would have taken me 3 years to complete them, all the subjects would have been done in 2 years individually
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Ok, I'll do that thanks, not sure how I would word the email though lol. Hopefully its fine because they are technically sat across 2years, as I changed the subjects from last year, so even though in total it would have taken me 3 years to complete them, all the subjects would have been done in 2 years individually
    Best to email them a list of all your subjects and when you sat them and see what they say from then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.