Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello, I'm entitled to a laptop in my exam however the new Invigilators think its extra time (it's just a * next to my name) but this year I didn't want the laptop and did ask for extra time instead so I could handwritten but neatly and I was told no since I missed the testing, so I'm in the situation where I've been given extra time and I shouldn't have… should I come forward? if I don't and they find out what can happen? This happened and GCSEs as well and in my final exam they took it away, I said I thought I was entitled and they said no but managed to get 15 minutes extra because I said I worked slower thinking it'd be fine

??

ReputationRep:
    don't risk it and don't cheat, use the access arrangements you have been assessed for and given

ReputationRep:
    Maybe discuss it with student support, if you have time to before your exam?

As in a week or at least a few days before, not on the day of the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe just double check with a teacher or someone who maybe knows how it works, explain your situation and they will probably be able to guide you in the best possible way x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.