Turn on thread page Beta

Do I take this as a compliment?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I live in Aylesbury so you haven't far to come And don't let it depress you, you're probably lovely as you are!
    I just did the oh so sensible thing and asked her!! It's not about the geeky thing, it's that I'm not bad enough, and its all good being everyones best friend, but I need to "rebel" more it looks & style!

Why didn't I ask her before posting?? Duh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Do you live near the narbs? Have you met them?

MB
    I vaguely know serious narb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    A female friend, and self-appointed style guru has recommended I read "Bad Boy" by Olivia Goldsmith... the blurb on the back reads...

So, is that an insult or not? lol
    Maybe it is, and maybe it's not, truth be told I didn't actually read what your typed, however I felt the need to contribute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curiosity)
    Maybe it is, and maybe it's not, truth be told I didn't actually read what your typed, however I felt the need to contribute.
    aww thanks!

ReputationRep:
    aww thanks!
    Just finished reading what you typed. Wanted you to know. Maybe it doesn't mean a thing?

ReputationRep:
    I just did the oh so sensible thing and asked her!! It's not about the geeky thing, it's that I'm not bad enough, and its all good being everyones best friend, but I need to "rebel" more it looks & style!

Why didn't I ask her before posting?? Duh!
    Why does she care?! If you're a nice guy and people like you, why change? Don't become her plaything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    Why does she care?! If you're a nice guy and people like you, why change? Don't become her plaything.
    Lol too late for that
    But ur right... and as she's now in a different country for the next 2 years why does she care? Cheers!!

ReputationRep:
    That's the blurb? Shoot the publicist! That's atrocious.
    Yep, be offended you're mate is saying you're a geek who can't pull the girls and you need a total make-over.

Its trude dude, sorry! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A female friend, and self-appointed style guru has recommended I read "Bad Boy" by Olivia Goldsmith... the blurb on the back reads...

So, is that an insult or not? lol
    I don't think it's an insult since it doesn't seem to be an attempt at offending you. Then again, you can accept it as an insult as it would seem that she thinks you're too nice to attract girls.
    Usually when girls try to convey this kind of message, it's because secretly they like you a lot but you just don't have the style/image that they're looking for and that they'd feel comfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I don't think it's an insult since it doesn't seem to be an attempt at offending you. Then again, you can accept it as an insult as it would seem that she thinks you're too nice to attract girls.
    Usually when girls try to convey this kind of message, it's because secretly they like you a lot but you just don't have the style/image that they're looking for and that they'd feel comfortable with.
    yeah it would seem that way, but if she's not going to be in the country, why would she bother? Maybe, she does have his best interests at heart and wants him to find another lady?! Oh, the mystery.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it would seem that way, but if she's not going to be in the country, why would she bother? Maybe, she does have his best interests at heart and wants him to find another lady?! Oh, the mystery.
    Reminds me of the motto of someone in my year...
    "Women are not to be understood. They are to be stood under"

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of the motto of someone in my year...
    "Women are not to be understood. They are to be stood under"
    They had it right

And cheers for the rep! *loves rep*

ReputationRep:
    Girls are weird...
    Maybe she likes him a lot and would like to see him with a great girl.

I remember receiving a farewell card from a mate's girlfriend and she wrote something like "there isn't a girl in the world fit to be with you". Something like that. When she saw how offended I was...
    I think she fancied me quite a bit but she was with my mate who I must admit, is more fun. Always giving me compliments, telling me secrets...that kind of crap. Did I mention she was drop dead gorgeous? (not my type though)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.