Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and keep this brief, Basically as it says in the title I broke the one rule that they always say... And slept/am currently sleeping with my flatmate. So it began, when over the Christmas holidays at uni everyone went home, however me and X (his code name) stayed due to different reasons and became really good friends by the end of the holiday. So close we went for a weekend away together (as friends) in London. However, when the holidays finished and everyone came back to uni, we still continued to get closer, and I spent more and more time in his room and we would always go the gym together, out for dinner most nights and the library together. Then when I was really drunk a few weeks ago I ended up staying in his room and sleeping with him. However, I was so scared it was going to be awkward, but it was fine, in fact we have got even closer. I regularly sleep in his room now and we're always texting and together and we hold hands in public and are always hugging and he always puts his arms around me. Thing is I know it's a friend with benefit situation, but it feels like we are in a relationship and im getting feelings for him but I don't know how to talk to him about it😭 Also our flatmates have no clue what is going on, cause the judge him a lot as he is an international student , so we have to be so secretive and would t want any one to find out 😐 What should i do??

ReputationRep:
    You broke the rule
    You break up.

ReputationRep:
    My flatmates broke the rule on the first day and they're still together.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin broke the rule in 2003. Their 10th anniversary was a few months ago.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Strangegirl625)
    I'll try and keep this brief, Basically as it says in the title I broke the one rule that they always say... And slept/am currently sleeping with my flatmate. So it began, when over the Christmas holidays at uni everyone went home, however me and X (his code name) stayed due to different reasons and became really good friends by the end of the holiday. So close we went for a weekend away together (as friends) in London. However, when the holidays finished and everyone came back to uni, we still continued to get closer, and I spent more and more time in his room and we would always go the gym together, out for dinner most nights and the library together. Then when I was really drunk a few weeks ago I ended up staying in his room and sleeping with him. However, I was so scared it was going to be awkward, but it was fine, in fact we have got even closer. I regularly sleep in his room now and we're always texting and together and we hold hands in public and are always hugging and he always puts his arms around me. Thing is I know it's a friend with benefit situation, but it feels like we are in a relationship and im getting feelings for him but I don't know how to talk to him about it😭 Also our flatmates have no clue what is going on, cause the judge him a lot as he is an international student , so we have to be so secretive and would t want any one to find out 😐 What should i do??
    Well if you have feelings for him then you should tell him, he may feel the same way. At the time if he doesn't want anything more then I would stop sleeping with him.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a relationship to me. Many relationships start with a drunken bonk.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.