Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey is anyone starting at Napier in September within the School of Computing or Arts and Creative Industry?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing Digital Media at the School of Computing 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No way! That's what I'm doing! So excited to be doing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's awesome! Me too I can't wait to get started, what year are you going in at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in at first year. The content of the course looks awesome! What year are you starting at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im going in at first year, I was at college doing my NC after taking a couple of years out. The content looks great! I can't wait to get started! are you starting as a first year too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First year for me as well, I guess I'll see you in September then! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah sounds good, what was your NC? I'm starting straight from high school 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I guess you will!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My NC was in digital media, I went back to college after doing badly in 6th year and taking some time out. I then started my HNC last year but couldn't finish it due to health reasons. But thanks to me dropping out, I got an offer for Napier if you're just out of high school, I'll be like the wise old owl haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's great that you're starting the course with some knowledge and experience already, it must make starting uni seem a bit less daunting haha! I have the usual worries about uni, especially because I'm straight out of school and haven't really had any other experience, but I'm sure everything will be fine once it starts in September 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how much of what I learned will be used at undergrad level to be honest. And honestly it isn't making moving to uni any less daunting! I've had it pretty cushty at home, not paying bills as such, to now having to become an adult, to put it simply I am terrified. But excited.
    It must be pretty daunting for you going from school to uni, I couldn't have done it back then, I only now feel ready to fly the coop as it were haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm feeling pretty terrified (but excited) as well, it's an entirely new experience, but I'll be living at home for the first year at least so I think that'll help soften the blow, I don't think I could've handled moving out just yet haha! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At least you can somewhat ease yourself into it. Hopefully your commute won't be too bad! I'm actually lucky in the sense that I'm moving in with my best friend who is already down there, plus my sister stays in Edinburgh too, so I should be ok moving down. I'm looking forward to seeing how different it will be from what I'm used to both in terms of being in a city, and the education side of things

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully my commute will be okay, it shouldn't take me too long as I live just outside of Edinburgh, not too sure what I'm going to do about parking yet though as I've heard it's pretty expensive and you need a permit but I'll figure something out by then 😊 That's good then that you're not completely on your own for the start of uni! You'll really enjoy living in Edinburgh, it's a fantastic city 😊 I think I'm mostly worried about the meeting new people aspect of uni since I won't be staying in halls/in the city, the biggest change for me is really going to be the educational side of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Parkin can be tricky from what I've heard, and yeah I think you need a permit. I'm leaving my car at home. Can't afford to have it in the city. You'll meet people at freshers and at induction which will be good. Everyone or at least most people are in the same boat, it's all new and exciting. Meeting people can be tricky, but if you have common interests it's a start, plus if you aren't too keen on going out and trying to get back home, there are surely day events to be attended I'm sure that meeting people and being off halls won't be a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.