Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone who had a child young please answer... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I just wanna know whether having a baby messed up your studies? I want to have a gap year this year and go to uni next but doea having a baby mess ths up? Im 18 and in a relationship and i feel mentally ready for a baby- i am in a stable 3 year long relationahip but im scared. Any advice? And no i don't think it is a phase because i have been like this over a year now!! How did you tell your parents that you are pregnant? Please help! Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by millyrose21)
    Hello,

I just wanna know whether having a baby messed up your studies? I want to have a gap year this year and go to uni next but doea having a baby mess ths up? Im 18 and in a relationship and i feel mentally ready for a baby- i am in a stable 3 year long relationahip but im scared. Any advice? And no i don't think it is a phase because i have been like this over a year now!! How did you tell your parents that you are pregnant? Please help! Thank you!
    It wouldn't stop your studies but it would make it a good deal harder. My advice though would be to finish your education and explore a bit of the world first.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

No relationship at that age is stable. You have the rest of your life to find the right person and have children. Might as well finish your studies first as having a baby will make it so much more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Please don't make this decision based on a forum of teenager/young adult strangers who couldn't possibly understand your situation, and even if they could, don't know details of your life which need to be considered. No one knows the answer except you, discuss with your boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    One of my bestfriends got pregnant at 18, unfortunately had a miscarriage and ended up missing more than half of the last year of sixth form. Ended up getting pregnant again and shes got a two year old girl and shes happy, however not working because her baby is her top priority.

I think you should discuss this with your boyfriend AND your family. I think its important to look at not just now but in the future, you're saying you're mentally ready now but are you really? Are you aware of how much time you're going to have to sacrifice. And remember its not just YOU who has to mentally be ready its your boyfriend as well, you can't make these desicions on your own.

You're 18 years old, you have youre whole life ahead of you. You should do more things for you and both you and your boyfriend together. Because with a baby that isn't going to stay the same its all going to change. I mean I know when I was 18 I couldnt even look after myself never mind a baby. Are you going to move out and live somehwere with your boyfriend, because thats going to cost money and if you both aren't earning a lot how is that going to work? If you live at home with your parents how weird is that for your boyfriend to come round to your house to visit your baby?

There's many factors that i think you need to consider. Who knows when the right time to have a baby is? When is ready? But what i do know is that you should think about it rationally and carefully and WITH your boyfriend.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.