Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nickierose21)
My mom is dark brown my dad was a light olive complexion
my dad was English Italian and lebanse/Algeria descent. I am 53% African descent so he was at least a little over a sixth African descent himself. My mom is west African descent 100%.
You're black darling. Sleep well. And yes I'm bumping this thread idc.
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my dad was English Italian and lebanse/Algeria descent. I am 53% African descent so he was at least a little over a sixth African descent himself. My mom is west African descent 100%.
So you're mixed race then. A mixture of west African, Lebanese, Algerian and English Italian
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Imo, as long as you're no more of 60% of any ethnicity, you're mixed
Nickierose21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 0to100)
You're black darling. Sleep well. And yes I'm bumping this thread idc.
I identify as black I agree
Nickierose21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by cherryred90s)
So you're mixed race then. A mixture of west African, Lebanese, Algerian and English Italian
Yeah but Algerian is black too
XOR_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Another)
Imo, as long as you're no more of 60% of any ethnicity, you're mixed
I don't know about that, I consider Jessica Alba mixed and she is ..

[
72.7% European
22.5% Native American (Indigenous Mexican)
2.0% Sub-Saharan African
0.3% Middle Eastern and North African
0.1% South Asian
2.4% No match
]
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
English Italian isn't black
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wot. Algerians aren't black, pls

(Original post by XOR_)
I don't know about that, I consider Jessica Alba mixed and she is ..

[
72.7% European
22.5% Native American (Indigenous Mexican)
2.0% Sub-Saharan African
0.3% Middle Eastern and North African
0.1% South Asian
2.4% No match
]
I'd have considered her white. People who are 70, 75, 80% majority race, they tend not to look mixed at all
deeva
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does being quarter black count as being mixed race? Some people say it doesnt
Aelli
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yess thank you!!!! I think I like to identify as mixed because I just don’t like identifying as white as it makes me feel weird as 50% of me connects to a background where we thought we were superior and still to this day are considered privileged! But when I say to ppl that I’m mixed they look at me as if I’m joking as I am the epitome of a “typical” white person ie blonde haired and blue eyed however I’m 50% white and 25% Middle Eastern/Mediterranean with a possibility of a bit of North African. So I would appreciate your opinions on wether you would consider me white European or Mixed?
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
mixed race means your parents are two totally different races!! jesus!! :facepalm2:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Aelli)
I'm 50% white and 25% Middle Eastern/Mediterranean with a possibility of a bit of North African. So I would appreciate your opinions on wether you would consider me white European or Mixed?
50% and 25%? don't add up, Miss.
Aelli
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Burberry they are 🤦🏼*♀️ My mum is half white half middle eastern/North African and my dad is a white New Zealander

(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
mixed race means your parents are two totally different races!! jesus!! :facepalm2:
Aelli
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I know, I forgot to mention I’m also 25% kiwi (from New Zealand)
50% and 25%? don't add up, Miss.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Aelli)
Yess thank you!!!! I think I like to identify as mixed because I just don’t like identifying as white as it makes me feel weird as 50% of me connects to a background where we thought we were superior and still to this day are considered privileged! But when I say to ppl that I’m mixed they look at me as if I’m joking as I am the epitome of a “typical” white person ie blonde haired and blue eyed however I’m 50% white and 25% Middle Eastern/Mediterranean with a possibility of a bit of North African. So I would appreciate your opinions on wether you would consider me white European or Mixed?
whats the other 25% then? if you are 50% white, that alone says you are not white. :indiff: regardless of how you look as genetics are random. rihanna is a bit over 75% black, but has fair hair, eyes, and skin. still black. just genetically came out looking light. i know people with fully black black BLACK mums and a white dad and they come out with silky silky blond hair lol. i know people with white mums and black black Idris Elba dads, and come out looking like Naomie Harris...my sisters are blond, im brunet. doesn't mean im not related to em lol. looks doesnt make them more or less what they are. You are not white. You are mixed. If you wanna embrace your nonwhite roots but still call yourself white because of how you look, then ok but not because of being 50% white.
Aelli
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The other 25% is from New Zealand
whats the other 25% then? if you are 50% white, that alone says you are not white. :indiff: regardless of how you look as genetics are random. rihanna is a bit over 75% black, but has fair hair, eyes, and skin. still black. just genetically came out looking light. i know people with fully black black BLACK mums and a white dad and they come out with silky silky blond hair lol. i know people with white mums and black black Idris Elba dads, and come out looking like Naomie Harris...my sisters are blond, im brunet. doesn't mean im not related to em lol. looks doesnt make them more or less what they are. You are not white. You are mixed. If you wanna embrace your nonwhite roots but still call yourself white because of how you look, then ok but not because of being 50% white.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Aelli)
The other 25% is from New Zealand
what? what does that even mean? are you Maori? :mmm: :rofl:
Aelli
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Wish I was but NO am I New Zealander from Scottish routes fun fact I’m from the Mc Gregor clan I think 🤔
what? what does that even mean? are you Maori? :mmm: :rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (246)
39.42%
No - but I will (42)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (291)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed