Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday I had my last exam meaning my time at Sheffield Hallam has reached it's end I was really hoping this day would never come because now I can't stop thinking about the good times we had, I'd do anything to start it all over but I've got a job waiting for me so It's time to move on. I'm hoping in a couple years I'll come back to do my Masters and maybe just for 1 year. I'll have chance to relive the glory days however I've heard from many people that Masters courses are no Joke and you gotta dedicate yourself all week long so thats put a damper on things.

Anyway the main point of this thread is to reach out to graduates that were in my position not long ago. How did you cope? How does your life now compare to the student life? Can you list a few things that are better in the Professional life? Also feel free to post if your still a student and not looking forward to graduating lol

ReputationRep:
    I felt the same but now I am in full time employment and I really miss uni. I have little time for anything and I regret all the stupid decisions I made in uni.

Better things is you are finally in charge of your own finances and life. Its the feeling of responsibility, freedom and growing up. but Now you have no excuses for
    ****ing things up.

Anyway jquery > javascript

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always compared the transition from uni to life as equivalent to the jump from school to uni. That said, I stupidly got a job in the middle of no where with no social life which didn't help. If you are staying in Sheffield you can maintain many links to student life for a few years yet and ease yourself out of it. That said, when I left uni, I was so fed up of being constantly poor it was a nice change in some respects to have a bit of cash to flash.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    I always compared the transition from uni to life as equivalent to the jump from school to uni. That said, I stupidly got a job in the middle of no where with no social life which didn't help. If you are staying in Sheffield you can maintain many links to student life for a few years yet and ease yourself out of it. That said, when I left uni, I was so fed up of being constantly poor it was a nice change in some respects to have a bit of cash to flash.

Good luck!
    Interesting you should say that, see I wanna keep my connections in Sheffield but I'm most likely moving to York where I know like 1 person who also studied in Sheffield lol and then I know loads of people in Leeds which is quite close but for the most part I'm gonna have to reboot my social life with the locals... also I'm tired of being poor so I guess you know how I feel lol time to make some paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Interesting you should say that, see I wanna keep my connections in Sheffield but I'm most likely moving to York where I know like 1 person who also studied in Sheffield lol and then I know loads of people in Leeds which is quite close but for the most part I'm gonna have to reboot my social life with the locals... also I'm tired of being poor so I guess you know how I feel lol time to make some paper
    From what I've heard, staying in your Uni city isn't always as good as you may think Living in Sheffield as a student by comparison to a graduate can be very different. Saying that, I really do miss living in Sheffield!

The transition's not easy. Stay in touch with your Uni friends, make time to meet up a few times a year. My advice for being a graduate is try to embrace it (something I'm still struggling with) and keep yourself as busy as possible

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.