The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Biology Unit 1 26th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 41
I feel like the 5 starch digestion and the role of active transport in absorption.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Afaq_-
I feel like the 5 starch digestion and the role of active transport in absorption.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah maybe starch digestion has never come up as a 5 marker before, But i think Asthma could come up too because it came up once and a lot of people struggled on it according to the examiners report
From what I can remember of last year's paper, there was literally nothing on the hearts and lungs topics :frown: I bloody well hope they include those this year.
Reply 44
Original post by november321
Yeah maybe starch digestion has never come up as a 5 marker before, But i think Asthma could come up too because it came up once and a lot of people struggled on it according to the examiners report

Asthma has not come up as a five marker before... (?) Which year & month did you see it in?
Also Starch Digestion has come up in June 2009, jsyk.
I would be thrilled if they gave us another one of those : 'The cardiac cycle is controlled by the SAN and the AVN. Describe how'

But I doubt they will seeing as it has come up a few times :frown:
good luck everyone we can do this!
Not long left 🙏
Hoping it isn't full of data questions like last years...
Reply 49
Original post by afaq_-
i feel like the 5 starch digestion and the role of active transport in absorption.

posted from tsr mobile

sam pam meg
Reply 50
What on earth would you right for the active transport one?
Use of carrier proteins against concentration gradient- Molecule binds, confirmation change, energy from ATP (to ADP + Pi) etc
Na/K pump to move Na into blood, lower conc in epithelial cells so gradient- makes use of co-transport for glucose
Exocytosis of lysosomes/vesicles containing digestive enzyme to produce smaller molecules that can be absorbed
Can't really think of any others
Reply 52
GOODLUCK EVERYONE ! ,

Collab on answers after the exam
Magnification what was it?!?!
Reply 54
was so fricken hard!!!!!!! how did everyone find it?
2.8 micro meters for the actual length
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people put for the 4th question about trypsin

for a) I put ribosomes

for c) I put Peptide bond breaks
The ph decreased because triglycerides are hydorlysed froming an acidic solution?

The ph reamined at 2 because the enzyme is the limiting factor so all active sites are occupied so less trigelyceride is hydolysed?
For the Fev one about suggest 2 things which would reduce FEv.

I put reduced elasticity of the alvieloi

Less surface area because of scar tissue/alevloi broken down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending