At least thats what I put
Reply 21
Original post by DrSebWilkes
In regards to this question: "Name the process of adding zinc to steel"
... or something like that ... what was the answer? :O

I put "Galvanisation"

I put sacrifical protection :smile:
Reply 22
What did you put for the reason why they used it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
What was the answer to the one about how do you know if all the hydrochloric acid has reacted?
Reply 24
Reply 25
Original post by rm715
What was the answer to the one about how do you know if all the hydrochloric acid has reacted?

I wrote that you would do a test for acid, i.e. litmus paper turns blue
could you have used an indicator to show the solution was neutral??
Reply 27
The question was basically asking how could you get the most out of your 'ingredients'. That's why for the second part to that question the answer was filter it to remove solids... I think :dontknow:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by laurendean
I wrote that you would do a test for acid, i.e. litmus paper turns blue

Oh okay cool because I wrote phenolphthalein but I definitely spelled it wrong and scared I put the results the wrong way round!
Reply 29
How would a test determine whether all of the acid was used?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by rm715
Oh okay cool because I wrote phenolphthalein but I definitely spelled it wrong and scared I put the results the wrong way round!

How would a test show it was all used?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by rm715

and then for the second part of that q I wrote to do a test for chlorine ions i.e. silver nitrate -> white precipitate??? I had no idea haha it took me ages to think...what did you put?
Reply 32
For the question about the polar/sun bears and what the correlation was between their mass and their climate, what did people say??
I put that the polar bear had a higher mass because of the fat/blubber needed to insulate itself in the cold climate but I don't think that's right.
What did people put for the physical property that shows water is pure? I said it boils at 100 degrees C but pretty sure that's not the correct answer...
Original post by AYR
How would a test determine whether all of the acid was used?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i said use universal indicator to show a neutral solution. Acid + metal = salt + water + hydrogen so you can assume the reaction is complete when the solution is neutral??
Original post by DrSebWilkes
In regards to this question: "Name the process of adding zinc to steel"
... or something like that ... what was the answer? :O

I put "Galvanisation"

Oh hi seb O.o fancy seeing you on here.
Reply 36
Any suggestions for paper 2 topics????
I'm feeling loads of titration and anion/cation analysis tests?
Reply 37
Original post by tillsburno
What did people put for the physical property that shows water is pure? I said it boils at 100 degrees C but pretty sure that's not the correct answer...

I put that too, but only as a last resort as it said a physical property...
i remember getting this question before on a past paper and getting it wrong but I couldn't remember the correct answer in the exam!!
Reply 38
Original post by JamieTheb
It was a nice paper but everyones stating grade boundaries are going to be in the high 70's for a*'s??!! Surely thats slightly high?

The last only grade boundaries on paper 1 have been 69, 70 and 71 so it is very unlikely that the grade boundaries will be high 70s. I reckon it will be somewhere around 70 marks for an A*.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why ISN'T it Galvanisation?

Quick Reply

Latest