Currently in a Mental Health Hospital

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys
    I've been an inpatient in a Mental Health Hospital for a few months now (I'm still here)
    I wanna reduce the stigma aroud mental health...
    So, ask me anything, call me any names you want, just go ahead and comment! I'll try and reply ^-^

ReputationRep:
    I did work experience in a mental health inpatient unit and honestly it changed my view on the world.
    How did you get admitted? Were you sectioned?

ReputationRep:
    Hi How are you? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to believe someone who has accomplished so much in life can end up in hospital for several months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    It's hard to believe someone who has accomplished so much in life can end up in hospital for several months
    ? Do you know OP?

ReputationRep:
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    ? Do you know OP?
    All I know from her other alias on TSR is that she's bright and is a good swimmer. Or am I mistaken

ReputationRep:
    Sweater weather as in the song?

ReputationRep:
    All I know from her other alias on TSR is that she's bright and is a good swimmer. Or am I mistaken
    what'd you mean other alias on tsr???

Also... some extremely intelligent people have suffered from severe mental illness seen the film a beautiful mind? Various things mean people become mentally unwell nothing to do with intelligence or talent...

ReputationRep:

Also... some extremely intelligent people have suffered from severe mental illness seen the film a beautiful mind? Various things mean people become mentally unwell nothing to do with intelligence or talent...
    Ahh omg A Beautiful Mind
    That film almost broke me

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, I don't quite follow. Intelligent people and good swimmers can suffer from mental health problems too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd)
    Mmm, I don't quite follow. Intelligent people and good swimmers can suffer from mental health problems too.
    ^ This. This. This.

Mental illnesses don't choose the person. It can affect any one of us :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsSleep)
    I did work experience in a mental health inpatient unit and honestly it changed my view on the world.
    How did you get admitted? Were you sectioned?
    Yeah, I got sectioned on the 27th March (cri)
    I got admitted after going to General for an assessment I'm still an impatient there, but I'm currently at school

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd)
    *claps*
    Thank you ^-^

ReputationRep:
    Is it free? Or are you/your family/a health insurance company having to pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *SweaterWeather*)
    Yeah, I got sectioned on the 27th March (cri)
    I got admitted after going to General for an assessment I'm still an impatient there, but I'm currently at school
    How is school going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    How is school going?
    School is going great Stressful, but great...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    Is it free? Or are you/your family/a health insurance company having to pay?
    It's free as part of the NHS Though its a private hospital company, but the NHS still pays for everyone ^-^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *SweaterWeather*)
    It's free as part of the NHS Though its a private hospital company, but the NHS still pays for everyone ^-^
    That's really good. I've had friends whose adolescent children have phone hospitals for assistance, to be told it costs £1000 per day for residents, - really not a helpful piece of information to give a young person in crisis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    That's really good. I've had friends whose adolescent children have phone hospitals for assistance, to be told it costs £1000 per day for residents, - really not a helpful piece of information to give a young person in crisis.
    *gulps* *feels guilty*

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.