Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Is H-Br correct written like that
Original post by Gdmn
Is H-Br correct written like that

Yes
Reply 122
Original post by gameofno
anyone else get chromatography wrong? i said 3 dyes instead of 4. ggwp edexcel.

That's right, it was 3 dyes, because the dye at the bottom was the original

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iodine and chlorine are both in group 7 so I'm not sure where the twos have come from?
Original post by Empyreal
Yup he's right, it was 10.

I was thinking the same thing...
Reply 125
guys what about the equation of decomposition one? i put equation 3 because a metal carbonate and acid produce a salt, water and carbon dioxide. i think equation 3 was right but not my explanation. it was out of two marks. what did you put?
Reply 126
Thanks for this!
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme for the 1CR paper???
Original post by MattB_
It depends on the difficulty of paper 2. If paper 2 is of a similar difficulty I would imagine the grade boundary to between 137-140 (out of 180)?

I think the calcium carbonate one was:
Calcium oxide
Calcium chloride
Calcium hydrogen carbonate (a question later in the paper basically gave this answer away)

Yeh i found that, i originally put calcium carbonate, but then changed because i saw the later question. The first one was calcium oxide, which most people got, but that was also given away in the question about the 3 equations, as all 3 decomposed in potassium oxide, so it was easy just to have any <metal> then oxide
Is there a mark scheme for chemistry paper 42 and 12 it was so easy
Original post by escg
guys what about the equation of decomposition one? i put equation 3 because a metal carbonate and acid produce a salt, water and carbon dioxide. i think equation 3 was right but not my explanation. it was out of two marks. what did you put?

It was definitely equation 3, but I think the answer they were looking for was to do with the moles of each substance you had calculated just before in the table. The moles for the product formed was exactly half the moles of the original product, which made sense as the ratio was 2:1. You may get a mark for that though you never know
Original post by Siddhant singhvi
Is there a mark scheme for chemistry paper 42 and 12 it was so easy

Btw my paper is not edexcel
Original post by Siddhant singhvi
Btw my paper is not edexcel

There wont be an official one for a while, there may be an unofficial thread of the paper you did though
Original post by sneaky beaver
Yeh i found that, i originally put calcium carbonate, but then changed because i saw the later question. The first one was calcium oxide, which most people got, but that was also given away in the question about the 3 equations, as all 3 decomposed in potassium oxide, so it was easy just to have any <metal> then oxide

It wasn't calcium hydrogen carbonate since calcium hydroxide reacts with the Carbon dioxide to form the white precipitate which is calcium carbonate.
Was it 4 or 3 dyes?
Original post by Ihsan_234
It wasn't calcium hydrogen carbonate since calcium hydroxide reacts with the Carbon dioxide to form the white precipitate which is calcium carbonate.

That's what I thought!
Original post by jamesj477
There wont be an official one for a while, there may be an unofficial thread of the paper you did though

Is there any way i can find the unoffical thread for my paper if so where?
Original post by Abodee1
Was it 4 or 3 dyes?

4 I think, although I put 3 :-(
Can someone explain to me why it was calcium hydrogen carbonate
Original post by amarjoshi99
Can someone explain to me why it was calcium hydrogen carbonate

I don't think it was, in my opinion, I think I put calcium carbonate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending