Damn UCAS website... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Was anyone else told that at midnight they would be able to log onto the UCAS website and find out whether they had been accepted, eg by the fact a conditional place had become unconditional?

I know for a fact the last 2 years this was possible! But I just checked their site and was basically told to bugger off and come back later.

I'm a bit gutted really... means I'll have to wait for my email from school at 9am tomorrow! But maybe it's for the best... what website could possibly handle that sort of load of users so tightly focused around midnight.

Best of luck to you ALL. I'm here ******** myself...

Ed
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
TEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY
ure back aint heard from u in a long time dude!

yea i agree wid u
wel **** appenz move on

(Original post by Tednol)
Was anyone else told that at midnight they would be able to log onto the UCAS website and find out whether they had been accepted, eg by the fact a conditional place had become unconditional?

I know for a fact the last 2 years this was possible! But I just checked their site and was basically told to bugger off and come back later.

I'm a bit gutted really... means I'll have to wait for my email from school at 9am tomorrow! But maybe it's for the best... what website could possibly handle that sort of load of users so tightly focused around midnight.

Ed
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I'm annoyed that they've frozen data displayed there. It would relieve so much pressure if I was given a simple 'yes' or 'no'. It would also brace me for my results tomorrow.
Tednol
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
TEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY
ure back aint heard from u in a long time dude!

yea i agree wid u
wel **** appenz move on
LOL yea sorry I've been a bit busy recently. My girlfriend and my work have taken up most of my free time. But I've got the next week free from work! Hope everyone has been having fun while I've been away.

Ed
Seven Sevens
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was so looking forward to that too.But what can you do.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago

Ed

So let me get this straight......tonight isn't a good time for us AS students to be visiting the UCAS site for a bit of Uni research??? LOL
Tednol
Rep:
?
I'm annoyed that they've frozen data displayed there. It would relieve so much pressure if I was given a simple 'yes' or 'no'. It would also brace me for my results tomorrow.
Which is what 2001 students had, and the 2002 students had before UCAS crashed... would have been nice to have gone to bed tonight at least knowing what we could expect in the morning.
Tednol
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leekey)
So let me get this straight......tonight isn't a good time for us AS students to be visiting the UCAS site for a bit of Uni research??? LOL
Tonight would be a great night seeing as the rest of the UCAS site has been turned off!!!

Anyway, night night all. Must try and sleep...
Koloth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Tonight would be a great night seeing as the rest of the UCAS site has been turned off!!!

Anyway, night night all. Must try and sleep...
Last year, they turned off all next year courses while clearing was on.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Your conditional offer was unsuccessful

Yep and we'd all be tired after reading that.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
What will it say when you access your account after 12 tomorrow?
Koloth
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What will it say when you access your account after 12 tomorrow?
Probably:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Koloth)
Probably:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
its slow now
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Oh wow, the UCAS site has just been updated. Clearing information is being shown and maybe JUST MAYBE they've unfrozen that thing.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh wow, the UCAS site has just been updated. Clearing information is being shown and maybe JUST MAYBE they've unfrozen that thing.
use the official thread now for clearing info please
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (907)
79.98%
Leave (227)
20.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed