Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who has seen the film, what did you think?
    It holds 50% on Rotten Tomatoes - way less than the other X-Men films (Days of Future Past got 91%.

I saw it yesterday not thinking it was going to be great but I actually thought it was very good - I'd give it 4/5. I thought there were some silly and dumb moments but I thought it was one of the most enjoyable superhero films I've seen all year. Quicksilver's seen was fantastic and I really liked Mystique and Jean Grey.

ReputationRep:
    Much better than 50% I would say 70 -75 better than the avengers franchise in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I don't trust Rotten Tomatoes as much as I trust my own opinion, cos there are many films which the critics have hated but I have really enjoyed nonetheless. I loved Days Of Future Past so I'll definitely be catching Apocalypse soon.

OP, how do you personally think it compares to DOFP? Better, worse or about the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doconnor646)
    For anyone who has seen the film, what did you think?
    It holds 50% on Rotten Tomatoes - way less than the other X-Men films (Days of Future Past got 91%.

I saw it yesterday not thinking it was going to be great but I actually thought it was very good - I'd give it 4/5. I thought there were some silly and dumb moments but I thought it was one of the most enjoyable superhero films I've seen all year. Quicksilver's seen was fantastic and I really liked Mystique and Jean Grey.
    It was definitely a lot better than the reviews made out. My only problem was some of the scenes seemed unrealistic to me, but favourite scene was definitely with Quicksilver and the building!

ReputationRep:
    I watched it a while ago and thought it was alright, but I'm just hard to impress. I don't agree with rotten tomatoes I'd say 70%

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.