The Student Room Group

A special message to the boys of TSR!

We do not owe you anything. If a girl does not text you back that does not mean she is playing hard to get or she is using you as an "ego boost". She could just be, oh I don't know, busy with life...?

If you buy a drink for a girl or hold a door open for her that does not mean she is indebted to you in any shape or form. And stop assuming that all girls want to have sex with you if they show the faintest interest in you.

Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You speak for them all do you? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Kylie Jenner
We do not owe you anything. If a girl does not text you back that does not mean she is playing hard to get or she is using you as an "ego boost". She could just be, oh I don't know, busy with life...?

If you buy a drink for a girl or hold a door open for her that does not mean she is indebted to you in any shape or form. And stop assuming that all girls want to have sex with you if they show the faintest interest in you.

Thank you.

I expect from a girl to pay me £5 every time I hold the door open.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

Thank you.
Good for you. I'm very pleased for you.

Next stop, sex-negative feminism.
Now we know.

And knowing is half the battle.

*G. I. JOEEEE*
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Kylie Jenner,

Similarly, not all of us men are "**** boys". not all men "just want sex", and believe or not the majority of us are not "always texting multiple girls at the same time".

You and I can throw out every generalization ever made about either gender, but those of us with a slither of intelligence and emotional maturity will be able to differentiate between bitter, narrow-minded assumptions and reality.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
No
And stop assuming that all girls...

You seem to be assuming things about all boys. :colonhash:
go back to modelling and less of this preaching please Kylie
Go tell your dad that... oh wait I mean both your mums.
Most guys are like this. You're right it may not be every guy (obviously not talking about gay guys for example) but straight men always have sex on their mind when they're interacting with a girl that is sexually attractive to them (and let's be honest it doesn't take much to be attractive to most straight guys just have to be not younger than 16 :wink: and not related).

You admit it in this post that there is a problem with guys having unfair expectations of girls nonetheless, so what is your solution?

I think you're being oversensitive. Generalisations are just that general assumptions about a group of people based on what the majority of them do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Most guys are like this. You're right it may not be every guy (obviously not talking about gay guys for example) but straight men always have sex on their mind when they're interacting with a girl that is sexually attractive to them (and let's be honest it doesn't take much to be attractive to most straight guys just have to be not younger than 16 :wink: and not related).

You admit it in this post that there is a problem with guys having unfair expectations of girls nonetheless, so what is your solution?

I think you're being oversensitive. Generalisations are just that general assumptions about a group of people based on what the majority of them do.

No, most men are not like this. This is a generalization on your part. Men, women, we are all individuals with our own behaviors and emotions. By your logic women are always thinking about sex because they are sexual beings also. I find plenty of women sexually attractive but not once have I ever thought about sex with them, or whilst around them. I know many other men like this.

Where in my post do I admit there is a problem with guys having unfair expectations? Please, highlight this, because as far as I can see all I did was counteract your uninformed original post stating similarly stupid assumptions that women make about men.
(edited 7 years ago)
If a girl does not text you back that does not mean she is playing hard to get or she is using you as an "ego boost". She could just be, oh I don't know, busy with life...?.

Yes, because writing a text takes at least 5 hours of your life.. oh wait, no it's not. If you're not interested in somebody and you know the other party is interested, let them know, don't play fkin games. Thank you.
if a girl doesn't do something i want i enjoy the challenge of trying to get it. If she "owed" me **** it wouldn't be a challenge as i'd already have it.

Thank you.

Not a chance
And some girls do you guys for an ego boost, probs the other way around too, why is this controversial?

But seriously i hate these ****ing threads, boys do not go around thinking "girls owe me romance", they have thought the opposite since the dawn of time.

In the past, "i need to build my farm/shop etc so i have something to offer her so i'm allowed to ask her" has turned into "i need to be confident, good looking, good with women, popular etc to be worthy of getting bitches" in the modern era. It's a primal attitude that is so obviously prevalent and it's so obviously inconsistent with the "men are entitled" claptrap feminists come out with.

If men felt entitled they wouldn't achieve all the things they do, it's proving yourself that is the basic emotion.

The only people who are entitled are the "im a nice guy...why wont girls like me, i give them stuff" brigade. And they're all male feminists.

Thank you.

If you don't mind, could you please say what was special about your message.
Original post by HuzaifahN
Go tell your dad that... oh wait I mean both your mums.

Shots fired.
A message to TSR Women:

Society doesn't oppress you, so stop whining about the patriarchy

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest