Turn on thread page Beta

Anyon else in their 20's with embarrassing hobbies? watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, I am 24 (turning 25 in a few months) and I like
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yu gi Oh. Originally I got bored of the original series after battle city arc ended and couldnt be asked collecting anything...till I saw the japanese dub of 5ds (awesome anime btw for people of all ages).

Since then I have had an interest in the cards (have collectors tins for majestic star dragon, the shooting star / red nova dragon and the 5dslegendary collection. ZEXAL and arc-v I cant be asked collecting (zexal was crap anime (zexal 2 was surprisingly interesting) and arc-v seems lame) but the new yu-gi-oh movie which is out in japan has made me want to collect some new cards again (effectively want to get 2 lots of decks: 1 for collection purposes, the other so I can play with my kids, if I have any in the future / play & maybe donate to the hospice I volunteer at).

Should I collect the movie cards & yugi's legendary decks? I also am considering building a dragon deck based on all the summoning types but cant be asked as I have more important things in life like family, work and friends, none of whom know of this secret

feel free to share your embarrassing hobbies / interests
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tpx1)
    OK, I am 24 (turning 25 in a few months) and I like
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yu gi Oh. Originally I got bored of the original series after battle city arc ended and couldnt be asked collecting anything...till I saw the japanese dub of 5ds (awesome anime btw for people of all ages).

Since then I have had an interest in the cards (have collectors tins for majestic star dragon, the shooting star / red nova dragon and the 5dslegendary collection. ZEXAL and arc-v I cant be asked collecting (zexal was crap anime (zexal 2 was surprisingly interesting) and arc-v seems lame) but the new yu-gi-oh movie which is out in japan has made me want to collect some new cards again (effectively want to get 2 lots of decks: 1 for collection purposes, the other so I can play with my kids, if I have any in the future / play & maybe donate to the hospice I volunteer at).

Should I collect the movie cards & yugi's legendary decks? I also am considering building a dragon deck based on all the summoning types but cant be asked as I have more important things in life like family, work and friends, none of whom know of this secret

feel free to share your embarrassing hobbies / interests
    I like watching romcoms (scott pilgrim vs the world is the greatest romcom imo). I said it :|

ps,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    go for the cards, I know from experience that kids in hospices, assuming it is a kids hospice, enjoy playing games, so you can let them play a king of games deck vs a 5ds deck (assuming your collections are a 5ds deck - I havent collected yugioh since high school in 2006/7 so have no idea if tins are decks or packs or what). just dont give it to an individual kid as their parents may be peeved if you want it back

ReputationRep:
    Playin games in my boxers only. I can sometimes see the neighbour lookin through the window and having a confused face on.

Only 19 though. Do i qualify for this post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    I like watching romcoms (scott pilgrim vs the world is the greatest romcom imo). I said it :|

ps,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    go for the cards, I know from experience that kids in hospices, assuming it is a kids hospice, enjoy playing games, so you can let them play a king of games deck vs a 5ds deck (assuming your collections are a 5ds deck - I havent collected yugioh since high school in 2006/7 so have no idea if tins are decks or packs or what). just dont give it to an individual kid as their parents may be peeved if you want it back
    didnt realise you were a softie :lol: but agree with your advice. it is expensive though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HuzaifahN)
    Playin games in my boxers only. I can sometimes see the neighbour lookin through the window and having a confused face on.

Only 19 though. Do i qualify for this post?
    tbh, all uni students do that (in fact I know a few people who play playstation / on laptop naked) but yeah, I guess your in (ps the neighbour bit is embarrassing, once I caught some guys play strip poker at uni

ReputationRep:
    I like joining social groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I like joining social groups.
    real life or online (or both). its not really that embarrassing I guess but it depends on the types of groups, say tween novel club for girls and your a 30 year old guy. that would be an embarrassing hobbie

ReputationRep:
    loserrrr okay joke because I definitely have a colouring book - that I use on the regular

ReputationRep:
    We are also the same age so... 1991 babyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    loserrrr okay joke because I definitely have a colouring book - that I use on the regular
    if the colouring book was work related (inker for comic books), then not really. in my case its more of a collection / want to share with future kids / kids at hospice scenario (none the less, it is an embarrassing hobby but last I collected something was 2014, before that it was 2011, then 2006).

ReputationRep:
    We are also the same age so... 1991 babyyy
    yay . I think @quasa is also same age as well (Ive been following him around on TSR and he seems like a good guy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpx1)
    if the colouring book was work related (inker for comic books), then not really. in my case its more of a collection / want to share with future kids / kids at hospice scenario (none the less, it is an embarrassing hobby but last I collected something was 2014, before that it was 2011, then 2006).
    Well you're nice and anonymous on here so fear not!

ReputationRep:
    Well you're nice and anonymous on here so fear not!
    aww cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm the zodiac killer. Does that count?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.